Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Soft & Sweet Baby

Hello again my crafty cronies.... I like the sound of that. Crafty cronies. Now that the naming ceremony is out of the way, let's get down to the card. Yes, I know I'm late. I promised a card on Tuesday and ... nada! My bad. It was such a hectic day seeing to my my ageing (and ailing) kitty's veterinary needs that I ran out of time. But here I am with a card for Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #103. Not an easy sketch for me. I had no idea what I was doing, made it up as I went along and ended up with a baby girl card. For the colours, I ventured, with great trepidation, into The Shabby Tea Room for some Soft & Sweet colours. The Tea Room is chock full of gorgeous cards and projects... so yeah, quite a scary place for the likes of me!












Here's my card:
The papers from "Me To You" 6x6 pack. I used the largest die in Spellbinders Labels 18 to cut out the window and did some stitching with pale green embroidery floss.
I adhered some pale peach hearts trim and a couple of pink gingham  bows ... very girly. 
The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments, stamped on some textured CS.  I added 3 pearls and a yellow rose ... trying my best to stick to the colours in the photos inspiration. Wasn't sure at first  but I think it works. 
 Look closely now... can you see the pale green pearls I randomly  adhered on the hearts? 
For the inside I used the labels in 2 sizes and stuck them on paper with teeny tiny pink dots, from the same pack. On the corners of the labels I adhered  pale green pearls. And, continuing my rekindled affair with twine, I went ahead and tied a bow. 
So that's my card for today. The baby's not born yet but she should be arriving in a couple of days. Thanks for swinging by and I hope to see you soon with another little something. (Note, I did not say "tomorrow")  ;-)

Bejinhos!


Blogged to: 
BJ's Chunky Monkey and 

15 comments:

  1. Love the use of the negative die for the border and that sentiment just makes me smile! From....one cronie to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and sweet and so perfect for a sweet new baby. That yellow roses is a fabulous finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super. I really like the way you've used the die cut negative - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week's colors really do lend themselves beautifully for a baby card...and yours is just adorable, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice way to use the sketch, love the negative space and lines of hearts.... thanks so much for playing along with the Mischief Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute, love the clours and perfect for a baby x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute baby card, Asha! Love the soft colors and all these hearts! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet baby card!! You did an awesome job with this sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet Asha! I see what you mean about the sketch, but you came up with a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww! What a sweet baby card! Great job with the sketch Asha! And I totally love the little gingham ribbons! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely baby card created with the WMS sketch Asha! love the ribbons and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty baby card, love the die cuts, and soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever use of the negative cut - I should try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This color palette screamed baby to me, too, Asha! Such a beautiful card, and I LOVE that you finished the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doces laços rosas!!! Obrigada por me escrever!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...