Wednesday, 13 June 2012

My Sunshine

Wonderful Wednesday! We're off wrk today...yes, its another holiday. This time it's thanks to St. Anthony, Patron saint of Lisbon. Street parties, parades, dancing, singing, grilled sardines and gallons of sangria.... probably not how the saint would choose to spend his day! The weather has been glorious - plenty of sun and just enough wind to keep things nice and cool. As an added bonus, Euro 2012 is underway and right now Portugal is playing Denmark. While my Conan and his cronies are whooping it up in front of the telly, I escaped to my little sanctuary and made this bright and summery card. The sketch is from RetroSketches #15 and the summer inspiration came from Always Crafting Creative Mondays #9, Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge #210 and Fashionista Challenge #3. I'm also linking this up to Papertake Weekly's 1-2-3 challenge.


The papers are from Pink Paislee "Spring Jubilee" 6x6 pack. Here's my list of 1-2-3:
1 stamped sentiment, 2 patterned papers and 3 pearls. 
The sentiment is from WMS "Half Pint Heroes" set. For the die cut, I used Spellbinders Labels 18, embossed it with Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirls folder and inked the edges with TH's Vintage Photo.
I exercised extreme restraint with embellishments - 3 pearls and some sheer ribbon. That's  practically nothing by my usual standards! 
On the inside and I did some tearing, inking and stitching. 
Easy peasy card! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you back soon. Have a pleasant evening, y'all!

Beijinhos.


P.S. Final whistle and the score is Portugal 3-Denmark 2. Plenty of hi-decible roaring and squawking...I'm afraid to leave my sanctuary!


Blogged to: 
Peach cobbler and iced-tea... oh my!
A rock album that granny would
approve.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for entering your card in the Fashionista Challenge this month. Great use of bright colours and lots of design detail.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the background bird cage-is this a stamp or paper-it look so subtle but it is what I couldn't take my eyes off.
    And what a fun day-sounds like you need to go out and enjoy the sangria!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright sunshine card.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card - enjoy your lovely weather and I always find something more interesting to do when there is a footbal match on tv too - thanks for joining in with the 3 - 2 - 1 challenge at Papertake Weekly, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Your color combo is gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...