Thursday, 14 June 2012

L'il Space Cadet

Hello dear friends. I'm back with another masculine card. This one's for a l'il fella who'll be turning 10 this weekend. He's into Star Trek (a fellow Trekkie .. yay!) and all things space-y. Last week, while we were deep in discussion about the hazards of travelling at warp speed and the decorations for his up-coming birthday party, he calmly requested that I leave out his age on the birthday card. Apparently at the ripe old age of 10 (and beyond) one must stop counting one's years! Seriously?! One has to stop counting? Well I've got news for you, buddy. It's my birthday next week and baking myself a cake big enough to accommodate all the candles. One for each year and yes, I am counting. I need to know I can still count! ;-)  Here's my ageless card for my youthful pal. The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches #39 (my first!) and for the colours I turned to ColourQ # 141. I'm also taking this card to Charisma Cardz #23 and DYSU # 76 for their masculine party.








The papers are from Bo Bunny's "Blast Off" 6x6 pack. The green is bright and limey but in the photo it looks more like overcooked asparagus ...blech! At all corners of the card I attached white eyelets, which look kinda pale grey in the photo. I really need to sort out my lighting.
The spaceship is from WMS "Half Pint Heroes" stamp set. I coloured it in with Promarkers. For the die cut I used Spellbinders Labels 16. Of course I used pop dots to lift my spaceship.  
The sentiment is alos from the sme WMS stamp set.
On the inside I attached another spaceship, stamped a greeting from the "Half Pint Heroes" set and tied a little bow with some twine.
Thanks for dropping in today. It's Friday tomorrow and I am curiously exhilarated. Wonder why...

Beijinhos!


PS - Drop by MIM #94 to view some astronomical talents!


  Blogged to:
  Warm cherry cobbler and
 Easy listening from 2006

26 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, I am sure he will love it. I love how you finished out the inside as well. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!, I love this card Asha! The birthday boy will love it! It's obvious you put a lot of effort and love into it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! It's so fabulous and I'm certain it will be well received! I have a little boy here who also loves the thoughts of space travel!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome card!!! I really like that colour combo and the papers are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this is too cute ... love the stitching and your space cadet is awesome!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - inside and out.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool image and he will love it! A trekky heh...never mind!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo cute Asha. I love the spaceship image and all your little background touches!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, Asha, it could be another interesting year if he wants you to leave off his age, children are so fun! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great masculine card!! Love the colors and the interior is great too. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up. Hugs, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card! I like the sentiment and image. Perfect for a lover of all things space! I like the stitching you did and how you popped the image. I also like how you did the inside of the card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous card for our Male theme this week. Thanks for playing with us at Charisma Cardz
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is that rocket. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww! We are MAJOR space lovers at our house too, this is so cute! I'm sure he will love it:) Thanks so much for playing at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is an astronomical wonder in itself! Cam by way of MIM! :D
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute card, fabulous work.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and colours Asha. I saw this on Make-it-Monday..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the spaceship inside and out on your card. Just darling! I found you at Make it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous fun card! :)

    Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your creation is just so cute - It put a big ol' smile on my face :)

    I found you on Make It Monday, btw.

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - Win prizes AND promote your blog:
    http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-are-invited-to-my-vegan-barbecue.html (Just link your entry to your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Saw your card on MIM for challenge 94, and had to come and take a closer look. Really cute card - I love it!

    My cards are # 238 and 244 this week if you'd like to take a look :-)

    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...