Monday, 18 June 2012

Just for You

Monday again, my friends! It's been a great start to a brand new week. Weather is good and all is peaceful at home. We had a busy weekend: the European H.O.G. Rally 2012 came to town and it was a blast! 3 days of fun fun fun. I've included a link if you're interested in knowing more about HOG events (something porcine? LOL). I don't usually enjoy riding around with a bunch of other bikers and do it only as a show of support for what I consider to be another of Conan's caveman recreational pursuits. And since this year the Rally is practically in our back yard, we took Snoopy with us, and she had on her pink helmet! Too cute! I hesitate to admit it, but I did enjoy my myself this year. Harley's are loud, very loud. Add to that chaos 3 nights of loud concerts by several tribute bands - ABBA, Elvis, Led Zeppelin etc ... oh my wars are still ringing!  Time to wind down and make a card! Here's my take on this week's MojoMonday #246 sketch. For inspiration I turned to the photo below from the June WaltzingMouse Blog Party. 
WMS June Blog Part Photo Inspiration



The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection by Tina Higgins. By my standards this is clean and simple card. (Yes, you're right in thinking that I have no idea what CAS is all about!)
For my pop of colour, I chose orange buttons topped with turquoise coloured crystal flowers and adhered them on to the smallest of the Spellbinders Labels 16 die cut. 
The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments, Versamarked, heat embossed on to a larger Labels 16 die cut.  A sheer bow puts an end to my incessant fiddling!
On the inside added a length of orange ribbon for some oomph. 


Thanks for dropping by. I'm going to sit back and relax...maybe (read: definitely) grab another brownie. Hope to see you soon!

Beijinhos!



Blogged to:
Iced coffee, choc brownie and
Inspirational easy listening

18 comments:

  1. LOVE the shade of blue you used on your card and also the pop of orange. I love that you finished the inside of your card too~ I just do not do that enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blue papers - love the touch of orange with the buttons - so peaceful after what sounds like quite a weekend for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha! Your card is so Lovely!! The patterned papers are gorgeous and I love the cute buttons and the sweet sentiment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. I love the blue printed papers.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous papers...
    and those orange buttons are just the right amount of "pop"!
    Love that fabulous bow...
    and that sentiment...
    well...
    perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant, love it. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun weekend! Your card is beautiful I love the gorgeous papers you chose. Your stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A card that is as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside. Lovely paper and I love your embossed sentiment. The white really makes it jump right off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful blue patterned paper you chose! Love the bow, the buttons and the stitching! The inside of your card is elegant and lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in awe at how you can make so gorgoeus cards with all the patterned paper. It doesn't seem to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I look at your cards and ask "why oh why can't I do CAS?" ;-)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful and lovely take on Mojo sketch. TFS... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha! Sorry I'm late! Your card is beautiful - so elegant. I love your papers and the pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous!!! And thank you for helping me... I've wondered what I could use the tiny size Nesties for!! Now I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great CAS (I totally get you when it comes to that!) card. I really like the small pops of orange. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly beautiful! Love the pop of colors against the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late commenting - don't know how I missed this. It's really lovely. I like the pop of orange with the buttons and the way you've carried it through to the inside too!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...