Thursday, 7 June 2012

Just for you

Yippy!!! Click here to see the rest.

Hello dear friends. We're off work today - Corpus Christi is a holiday for us. Twas a busy morning but after lunch we just lay about like beached whales. Bipeds and quadrupeds alike. Oh joy! The weather was glorious and we were forced, against our will, into a state of inertia. A little after 6pm I dispatched the hubby to get the coals going for our dinner. And while he was busy playing hunter gatherer I stepped into the sophisticated world of card-making. A grand day all 'round! Here's my quick and easy card based on Retro Sketches #14 and ColorQ #140.



No patterned papers on this card, just CS. I embossed the background using the Swiss Dots EP by Cuttlebug. 
The sentiment is from WMS "Compact Sentiments" set.  I heat embossed it in white and cut the red CS with Spellbinders Labels 20 die.
For embellishment - just some red and turquoise twine. I also punched the edge card. There's plenty of  foam tape action!
And here's what it looks like on the inside.
I'm also linking this card over at Creative Belli Challenge #145 "Sentiment Only".

And now I've got to rush back to my gentle Conan. He's out in the garden unsupervised, hopefully making some progress with our dinner. I'm going to toss a salad, grab some bread, taste the wine (somebody's got to do it!) and wait for dinner to be served.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed Thursday and see you real soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:

7 comments:

  1. Fun colors and the bakers twine looks great! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Asha, love the sewing and embossing! So glad you could join in the fun this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. que linda!!
    te felicito
    Carolina ArteScrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny idea to sew a pattern. It's a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossing is just the right touch...I hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup this week!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Asha. I really love the zig zag stitching in the background. It really caught my eye. Did you do that by hand or machine? It is very uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the stitching! It adds just a real something special to the card:) Thanks for playing at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...