Wednesday, 6 June 2012

J'adore

Hello my friends. It's Tiring Tuesday today... and what a hectic day it has been. My cat Xiara is having a hard time - her hind legs are swollen - part of the ongoing complications of her cancer. She's on meds for it  and I'm massaging her legs to help with circulation. She's comfortable and seems to be enjoying all the attention. Well deserved. After dinner I set about making this card for the WatzingMouse Sketch Challenge #100; inspired by my loveable aging kitty and the cherry clafoutis I made for dessert. Confusing combination, I know, but it's how I roll!

The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection "Red Hot" by Tina Higgins. 
Minimal fiddling, by my standards! Double stitched dark chocolate velvet ribbon and some cherry coloured trim  - food inspired embellishments!  
The sentiment is from WMS "Compact Sentiments" set, which I heat embossed onto the patterned paper.  I also added the word "forever" from WMS "Say It Loud" set, cut out with the smallest die from Spellbinders Labels 14 set and lightly sponged with TH's Spun Sugar. Finally I added a couple of clusters of pale pink bling. 
On the inside, I kept it plain and simple.
That's my card for this challenge. I had fun making it and I thoroughly enjoyed wolfing down more cherry clafoutis to aid the creative process. Thanks for dropping in and I'll see ya soon.

Beijinhos!

P.S. Pop on over to MIM#93 where you'll be served up more sweet thangs!

Blogged to:
Vinatge Port, Lindt Dark Choc and


9 comments:

  1. Velvet ribbon?!!! droooool!! So much rich elegance! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bardzo fajna praca, super układ i dobór kolorków....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Asha! Love the pink and brown colors! Your bow is so pretty with the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card...pink and brown are a wonderful combination and work so well on your card. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    LOVE that velvet ribbon...
    but that heart trim is stunning!!
    Thanks so much for playing and celebrating our 100th with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark chocolate & cherries--what wonderfully yummy colors! Your card is gorgeous--love the fantastic patterned paper, velvet & hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the 100th challenge of Waltzing mouse..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant and lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry for a second at our second prize!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card and colours are soo Beautiful Asha. I saw this on Make-it-Monday..Loz

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...