Wednesday, 20 June 2012

J'adore Grand-mère!

Hellooo here, fellow bloggers. Yes I'm back with a card...what else, eh? I was in labour with this card, like forevah , and when it finally emerged, I was stunned, nay I was mortified! I delivered my grandma's purse! Take one look and tell me it doesn't look like Nana's reticule. And to think I intended to make a birthday card for a 30-something friend. J'adore? Well, I do love the girl, so I guess the sentiment works but... a fru-fru clutch bag for a wind-surfing sky-diving dare devil? Oh well, back to the drawing board. But before I leave you cackling at my cringeworthy creation, here's some advice: don't stuff your gob with left over brownies because they most definitely mess up your creative mojo and worse, make your gluteus maximus sag. There you have it!   

The sketch is from WaltzingMouse Challenge #102 and the colours are from Color Throwdown #197. My sincerest apologies to both.




The papers are from Basic Grey's "Indian Summer" 6x6 pack.
The for the die cut piece I used Spellbinder's Labels 20. The flower and sentiment are happily hoisted on some pop dots.
The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments set. I used Memento Pear Tart,  some clear EP  and heat set the lot. The flowers are white felt. I inked the larger  with Memento Pear Tart and the smaller with Memento Tangelo. The closest  match in my stash. Then I dabbed some Crystal Stickles on the flowers - oh grammy would be so proud of me! 
And here's the inside. Who can I send this to now?!
Since I have a die cut (at least part of it!) on my card, I'm linking up with Divas by Design #40 "To Die For".

Thus ends my adventure for today. Summer is here and hopefully the sun will stop being so bashful. What's up with the weather these days? I'm going to drop a little something in my lemonade and stare at the sky for awhile. Thanks for stopping by and have a sweet day! Ta-ta!

Beijinhos.

p.s. I'm linking up with MIM #95. Swing by, if you can, and gawk at some awesome creations.


Blogged to:
Home-made lemonade, plenty of ice and
"When two worlds collide"

22 comments:

  1. Cute card thanks for joining in at Divas by Design
    sheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I just love this clutch bag and I think a thirty something would do too. The colours are great.
    Keep away from those brownies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun 'purse' with your bright papers and patterns! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week - and for giving me a chuckle with your fun story on how this was created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stories make me laugh!! The card is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those bright colors and a big thanks for making me smile and chuckle as I read!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! So glad you could play along with WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'adore that card...I hope you'll link up with me at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your clutch design is amazing! Love the Basic Grey paper and all the clean lines. The double cut border is a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS Asha..Love every detail..I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling card...such a pretty design with the scalloped flap and beautiful papers!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Your card is gorgeous Asha! I can't believe how much it looks like a purse. Adorable!! I love the colors. Saw this on MIM. Such creativity!!! Have a super day!! Gloria

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. I saw your Very Beautiful Purse card on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi.I saw you Beautiful card on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  14. The die cut you used on that purse is perfect. The blending of the papers look amazing. I think you've created a beautiful card. Thanks for the brownie advice and now lemonade sounds really good! :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now This is one colourful card!

    Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week (so far!). I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look. I’m enjoying looking at all the amazing inspiration.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally gorgeous purse Asha. I love it.

    Had a good laugh at the Craft Cronies moniker. I feel like a bit of an old crone this afternoon ;-).

    Have a lovely weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is so original. Love the colors you chose. I am inspired! Saw your post on MIM and had to stop for a visit. So glad that I did:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it, great creation. I saw it on Make it Monday!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa. Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...