Monday, 11 June 2012

It's your big day!

Hello there, blog-buddies. Hope the weekend treated you kindly. We had really good weather and spent as much time as possible outdoors. The furbabies were especially blissed out! Even TJ (Turtle Joe) darted about the garden, stopping occasionally to soak up the sun. A darting turtle?! You know what I mean... Anyhoo, I need to make and mail quite a few cards this week, so I'd better get started. First off the  starting block is this sprightly number inspired by MojoMonday sketch #245. A very dear friend is celebrating a milestone birthday and I decided to make him a youthful card to help him forget his age. Dr N and my Conan are as thick as thieves. They spend hours on the phone talking about ... everything and everyone. (When I do it I'm accused of gossiping - talk about double standards!) They watch football while on the phone, complete with pre and post match commentaries. I once caught Conan on the phone... silent with Dr N on the other end watching National Geographic! Seriously! When his wife finally gets her hand on the phone, she calls me and what do we do? We talk about them of course!

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's "Life of the Party" 6x6 pack. The background papers is from Wild Rose Studio's "For Men" 6x6 pack. 
I got so totally carried away with foam tape. Plenty of dimension on this card! 
The image is from WMS "Half Pint Heroes" and the sentiment is  from WMS "Say It Loud".  I coloured in the little car with Promarkers. "40" is from Papermania's Silver Peel Offs and I cut out the background layers with Spellbinders Labels 16. There's also some faux stitching with a white gel pen. 
I also added some green twine by Queen & Co. Contrary to what you see on this card, please do not "relax and celebrate" with a "nice pint down the pub" and then drive off in a sporty little red car with just one hand on the wheel.  You might crash into some green twine! 
On the inside... there's a story here. I completely forgot that the card is in landscape and prepared the inside as I would a portrait card. The border is ... well, not the right way up! I should add - do not attempt making a card after a "nice pint down the pub!"

I'm also linking this card over at Sweet Stampin' for their "All Stitched Up" challenge. And before you go please stop by MIM #93 where you'll find more racy creations!

That's one card down! 3 more to go. Thanks for dropping in and I'll see you soon with another card.

Beijinhos!


  Blogged to:
  Honey roast nuts and  
Catchy tunes leave you humming 

8 comments:

  1. What a great birthday card - I find cards for men so tricky but you've done a great job here. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card...and perfect for a man!!

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the layers and details on this card, how fun! Glad you could join us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this hun..it's just perfect..
    Thanks for joining us this week over at Make it Monday....
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this fun card. The basic grey paper is so cute and I am sure this card will help him forget his age!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun, love the cute image and beautiful colours and style of your card, so creative. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love all the details and the use of the sketch. Glad I saw it on MIM. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so cute, Asha! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...