Monday, 25 June 2012

Happy Birthday, Mr R

Good day, fellow crafters. 'Tis the last week before we kiss June adeus! Summer is here... sort of, school's out, people are off on vacation which means no more sitting in traffic... oh yes, life is good! Today I made a card for Mr R, our bank manager. What? Why? And no, I'm not trying to butter him up for banking favours (not yet, anyway!)  Truth be told, he's a great guy and a dear dear friend who just happens to be in a privileged position! Mr R and my Conan go waaay back to the Palaeolithic days when both had long hair, carried clubs and slept under the stars... mostly because they were too hammered to find their way home! Enough gossip... here's my card. I used the square sketch from Mojo Monday #247 and the colours are from PDCC Color Splash.





The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection Liquorice & Sherbert.
This is a simple card and I did not overdress it ... the way I usually do! Eyelets and brads are the only hardware .. and I played with some blue and white twine. Not that simple after all!  I never learn...
For the die cuts I used Spellbinders Eyelet Circle and Eyelet Square. The sentiment stamp is by Paula Pascual and the  letter R is from Papermania's Alpa stamps. I heat embossed it using Stampendous Fine White EP. The colour combo is perfect - it just so happens to be the colours of  Mr R's fave football/soccer club.
Here's the inside - same colours and more twine.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with another b'day card... 2 more to make and mail by Friday. In the meantime, hop on over to MIM #95 and take a peek at some crafty creations. See you soon!

Beijinhos!


  Blogged to:
  Coffee walnut muffin and 
These boys deliver every time.

15 comments:

  1. Hello. I saw your Very Beautiful card on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous male card Asha, love the eyelets and twine, great sentiment tag..

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I saw this Beautiful card on Make-it-Monday..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha,

    Great card and I love how all the colours blend and the cute little eyelets. Also have to say the name of the paper 'liq and sherbert' reminds me of my childhood love of the sweets 'sherbert dips'......do you get them over there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make such great masculine cards!! I love the colours of this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love your way with CAS cards.

    Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week (so far!). I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL card! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, love the blue and brown. Super CAS card.
    Saw you on MIM.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card Asha. Love the dp and all the little touches. I really enjoyed reading about how it came about. Saw you on MIM. Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look. I’m enjoying looking at all the amazing inspiration.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh I love the browns and blues together! I struggle with male cards :(.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card!! love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! And I need to check out the stamp - I have a lot of birthday stamps but I really like this one!

    Lisa - Scrappy Distractions
    www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com
    DT Member - Sketches 4 All (http://sketchesforyou.ning.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. When you are seeking mom summer diamond jewelry, bear in mind that most
    mothers like to have fine jewelry which also reminds them of the children.

    To show off ones own curvatures is usually a trim knee length blouse.
    Sure it may take a little while to get going the next morning,
    but I don't care.
    My page > fake vagina

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...