Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Thanks a bunch!

Hello, dear friends. Can you believe it's Wednesday already?! In a couple of days the week will be over. Not that I'm complaining at the prospect of having to struggle through another relaxing weekend end, but really, aren't things moving a tad too fast? The past few days have been pretty intense: funeral, football and a birth. I'm hoping for a humdinger of a weekend since my SIL has flown in for a short break, and that usually means unbridled gluttony. Things aren't looking so good for my MIL who is already in a terrible fluster planning what sounds like a state banquet.  I'm going to lie low, and hide under my craft table until the coast is clear or until I'm exposed! In the meantime, I made this dinky little card for... well, I don't know who yet, but there's always someone I need to thank... my MIL being the most likely candidate ;-)  The sketch is from Retro Sketches #12 and for the colours I turned to ColorQ #138.
















My card base is 4.5" square. The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection "Sunshine" & "Aqua" by Tina Higgins. 


I bought those paper roses quite a while back by mistake. White roses with a pale brownish centre - what was I thinking? But hey, they seem perfect for the ColorQ challenge. Did I say brown centre? I mean crumb cake, of course.


The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments set, stamp directly onto the patterned paper with Memento Tuxedo Black.

I embossed the red  panel with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder, added  a couple of eyelets and crumb cake-y satin bow.  And for reasons unbeknownst to me, I sprinkled some blue glittery stuff over the flowers. The mystery of me... 


My inside....
I'm also linking this card over at Paper Pretties #207 where they are playing with all things Bright and Bold. Thanks for dropping by and spending some time with me. I'm going to crawl out of hiding and call my MIL. She might need some help with that state banquet!

Beijinhos.


  Blogged to:
  M&Ms..more M&Ms and
A firm fave of mine since 2003.

6 comments:

  1. This is very pretty!! I really like the background paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, been away in Cyprus so not been following for a while but glad to be back and catching up as your blog always make me smile-by rh way whay is MIL.......am I being ignorant here??
    I love the flowers and yes, perfect for colour Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh why do you taunt me so? ;-) Cyprus?! Glad you had great time there (I'm guessing you did...who wouldn't in Cyprus!). MIL = mother in law. SIL being the "sister" version. Tis tough typing complete phrases when in hiding! ;-P

      Delete
  3. Sooo pretty Asha! the background paper is really lovely. So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your papers, Asha, so pretty as is your card, love the iside! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over on the CQC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely patterned paper Asha, such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...