Thursday, 24 May 2012

My Hero!

Oh happy Thursday, dear friends. Gorgeous day here: blue sky, warm sun, cool breeze.... I want to bottle this day and stick it on my mantel, a little something for those long winter days. In the meantime, I went for another bottle - Martini Rosso - oh so yummy yum yum and perfect for a day like today. I'm in the garden, on the swing, got my drink, got my music ...err, why am I here? Oh yes, to show you my card. It's time for the May Blog Party at Waltzing Mouse and the theme is "Felt / Cozy Fabric".  I used my felt to make something manly for my husband. Why? Because he finally agreed to help me organise / sort out / tidy up the conservatory where the cat and I do our crafting. I've been talking about it with him for weeks now, and finally (and suddenly) he enthusiastically exclaimed "I'll get it done for you!" Perhaps the prime rib roast dinner which I nonchalantly mentioned may have stimulated his enthusiasm.... who knows?! You can tell that ours is a healthy marriage of covert negotiations! With or without the rib roast, he is still my hero.

The sketch is form Skipping Stones design #129 and the colours are from The Play Date Café #133.













The patterned papers are from Wild Rose Studio's "For Men" 6x6 pack.
I'm going for a nautical-ish theme since my husband loves going out to sea. I cut a strip of light blue felt with Spellbinder's Edgeabilities Classic Bracket Border and its held down by a couple of silver eyelets. I cut out a circle and used some kitchen twine to make a reef knot. 
I used my current fave stamp set:  Half Pint Heroes. Heat embossed it on blue CS, cut with Spellbinders Labels 19 die. 
Then I got carried away with my Crop-a-Dile and added more eyelets .... somebody stop me!!!
On the inside, I followed through with the same colours and through in an extra felt bit.  Totally justified because it is a felt party.
That's my contribution for this month. Martini and I, we're going to party on... Thanks for dropping in and I'll see y'all soon! Ta-ta!

Beijinhos.


  Blogged to:
  Martini Rosso over ice and
My fave album in 2006, still not
bored with it.

28 comments:

  1. It's fabulous and really made me smile. I love these colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very fun card. I love the color scheme and the mix of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a super afternoon! Love this masculine card for your dear hubby - nice use of the felt die cut panel and fun embossed image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Asha...great combination of colors and patterns. I love that you used eyelets...the unsung heroes of the papercrafting world. Well done, and thanks for partying with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, this is such a fun delightful card, and I love the design and colours! Your husband is going to LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just described my perfect day! If only you could bottle it you'd be rich!! What a great card! I know you made your card for your DH but I think it is just perfect for Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this is so cute and I just love those eyelets...no,I won't stop you! I love them and I am sure your husband is going to love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a beautiful day, enjoy! Such a sweet nautical card and wonderful idea. Love the way you did the inside with the beautiful stitching. Eyelets look great keep using them as they are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty and fun nautical inspired card! Love your embossing! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww what a sweet husband! Love the embossing on the felt - I've never done that with my nesties. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and love your use of eyelets, I have not used those in years but you did a fabulous job with them, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card, Asha! Love the eyelets, the felt border and the button! The inside of the card is also beautiful! I'm sure your husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card!!
    Love that label...
    I call my hubby "My hero" all the time...
    usually when he's taken out the trash.
    I've found that it's the little things that help me get him to accomplish the big things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card and one your hubby will be sure to love! Great colors and wonderful details--I really like the eyelets and that awesome stitching! And love how you added the knot--very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a surprisingly great card for having a "Rossi" by your side! LOL! Sounds terrific to me! It's been over 100 here in Phoenix and I WISH I could sit outside! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card Asha! Love the felt button and masculine theme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great card for your hero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love that little Hero embossed on the navy like that! The nautical blue and red papers are so charming with this design. The felt border and button make this extra sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That little image is so stinkin' cute! Great take on this weeks colors. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at The Play Date Cafe. :) Come again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, cheers to you, Asha! A super card, a well managed DH and an organized craft space! You are living a sublime life, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this is stunning - the white embossing on the background is fantastic and I love the way you've finished off the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too fun--love the nautical theme!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the grommets through the felt and that little felt button inside is so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Excellent take on this week's challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely fabulous card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...