Friday, 25 May 2012

Just for you

Just Add Ink #119
Hurrah, fellow bloggers! The weekend is finally here! According to the weather man its going to be glorious one - sunny, warm (21ºC / 72ºF), cool breeze and free-flowing sangria. Ok, the sangria is wishful thinking on my part, but hey, who's to say it won't come true. In the meantime, I'm having a mugful of rich hot chocolate (let's ignore the calories for now, plenty of time to kick myself tomorrow!), listening to a couple of Aussie boys belt out some great tunes and rambling on when I should be introducing my latest creation. Enough of this nocturnal prattle, let me show you the card I made for my friend Lisa. The sketch is from Just Add Ink #119 and the colours are from Cute Card Thursday #218 "Pink & Green", which just happens to be Lisa's favourite. The doily inspiration came from CropStop #73.

The papers are from Basic Grey "Sweet Threads" 6x6 pack. 
I cut the doily with a die from Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents set. 
The stamp is from  WMS Compact Sentiments set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with Spellbinders Classic Circle die and inked the edges with TH's Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I attached 4 pink pearls on the doily and  adhered it down with foam tape.
 3 green card candis topped with green bling sit in a row on the top right corner . I did some cross stitching along the pink panel and added some sheer ribbon in two shades of green,
Followed through with the pink and green theme on the inside.  I used X-Cut's Flower Doily Decorative Border Punch for the pink trim.

That's my card, pretty basic. I'm off to bed in a bit. We're planning to go for an early walk tomorrow, hopefully head out before sunrise. 6am on a Saturday sounds insane, I know but the beach is a pleasant 10 minutes away on foot and I need to do something about this hot chocolate before it settles somewhere I don't want it to. Thanks for visiting and I'll you again soon, leaner and fitter .... more wishful thinking!

Beijinhos.

  Blogged to:
  Hot chocolate, whipped cream and
These Aussie boys are awesome ...
and cute to boot!

10 comments:

  1. So pretty Asha! Great mix of patterned papers and love the WM sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the papers, the cross-stitch, and all the doily elements on this card, Asha; just beautiful. Great use of the sketch, too. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining our CropStop Doily Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Asha. The combination of colours is gorgeous and I love your stitching too. Thanks for playing along with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that doily die. Thanks for joining in this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color combo! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Love the layout and colors! Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card Asha, great choice of papers too! Thanks for playing along at JAI this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Asha. The DSP you have used is lovely. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, such pretty papers! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...