Thursday, 3 May 2012

Hey Dude!

Welcome to May, dear friends. We had a restful May Day break. I got in touch with my inner sloth and now am having trouble sending it back! It's still raining... <sigh> The low temperature we've been having lately is provoking hibernation in the bipeds and quadrupeds at our place. This much rain is positively painful. I'm not the only one whinging and whining; even the dogs are restless (when they're not curled up & snoring). We haven't had a decent walk in quite awhile. Each time we venture out, we come scrambling back home, soaked to the undies. Ok, that's me; the dogs just smell like ... wet dogs. Urgh! Armed with a hair dryer, I ambush the pooches to be forcibly coiffered, usually into spectacularly static and soulful afros, reminiscent of the '70s. So yes, I stand by my ruling: The rain is a pain! With that verdict we have a seamless transition to today's card... didn't see that coming, did ya! I made this for our friend who fancies himself a man's man... a dude! The sketch is from Skipping Stone Designs #126 and I picked the colours from ColorQ #135.

SSD Sketch #126









The patterned papers are by Basic Grey "Life of the Party" 6x6 pack.
It's a simple card, typical of how I tackle my masculine projects.  I've used red eyelets and some red string for embellishment. Basically, that's as fancy as it gets.
I cut the yellow CS with Spellbinders Edgeabilities die. On the background paper, I've attached 4 teeny tiny blue brads. 
White CS for the sentiment, which is a mix n match of a couple of stamps from WMS's Half Pint Heros set. I'm having a blast with this set. It's not just for half pint-ers, there's plenty of fun for dudes as well! The ink is by Versacolor and the die is from Spellbinders Labels 19 set, which coincidentally, seems to match the Edgeabilities border. 
Nothing special on the inside; my usual stuff.

Thanks for hanging out with me today. I'm linking this card over at Paper Playtime #73 for the "Anything Goes" challenge and Cute Card Thursday #215 where it's "One For The Boys" this week  I'll you again soon... in dry undies!

Beijinhos!



Blogged to:
Warm cinnamon bun, cappuccino and:
Perks me up - even on the
gloomiest day!













10 comments:

  1. Love your dude card, Asha, love the paper you used! Your story is funny, although rain would be welcome here, as we are in a severe drought. Send it our way, Please! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous guy card! Love the colors and details you put on it. Thanks for playing in paper with us at the Paper Playtime Challenge!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool guy card!! thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the colors...I hope you'll link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny!! I guess it is better to laugh than cry over wet undies!!
    Another awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is just awesome! Love those "made" Chevrons! Thanks for joining us this week over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely FABULOUS!! What a great masculine card. :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a super fun card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Skipping Stones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great guy card! Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...