Saturday, 12 May 2012

Happy Birthday

Here we are, dear friends, at the start of another weekend in May. A nice sunny start to the day and I'm looking forward to a lazy couple of days. In the meantime, I've got a card to share with you. Made it yesterday, meant to blog it yesterday but ended up sitting on it instead. Nothing figurative about my last action, I literally sat on it. Luckily no lasting damage was done, which only strengthened my belief in miracles! The sketch for the card is from Skipping Stones Designs #127, the colours are from ColorQ #137, the birthday theme is from Dutch Dare Cards #164 and finally I picked a flower from DYSU #71.

SSD #127



The papers are from Papermania Capsule Collection - Verde and Sunshine by Tina Higgins.
For the lace green border I used Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents die. The sentiment is from WMS half Pint Heroes set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and I cut it with Spellbinders Ribbon Banner die, and did some sponging with TH's Wild Honey.  
Here's a close-up of the flower. I cut the CSs with a die from Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents set and attached a green button in the middle.
I carried on the same color and theme on the inside.  

I've off to enjoy the rest of my lazy Saturday in the sun. Have a great weekend, y'all! Thanks for taking peek and I'll see you soon.

Beijinhos!


Blogged to: 
Iced-tea, sunshine and
Great CD/DVD set with remixes of
the band's hits.  For Third Day fans.

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Asha, such pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super patterns

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! It certainly seems still fine even after it was sat upon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey asha ! love this one !!
    I think its totally eligible to enter in the current challenge @
    http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/2012/04/bcg-8-sketch.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pattern papers! Thanks for playing along with Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...