Monday, 14 May 2012

GOOOAAALLLL !!!


Happy Monday, my friends! I want to show you a card I made for my husband. He is a football / soccer fan freak. He and his amigos are working themselves into a frenzy over a couple of games which will be played this coming weekend. Apparently these matches are so huge, indescribably massive, that only a chosen few can truly appreciate their relevance. Poppycock, I say! Here's the real deal: Next week, a bunch of decent professional men will walk through the front door and and by the time they get to the garden they'll be snorting, grunting neo-cavemen. They'll devour slabs of meat burnt on hot coal, down gallons of beer, sangria and other dubious home-brew. They'll shout at the telly, at each other, hug, laugh, cry and sing songs that are best left unsung before finally passing out. And why do I put up with it? For my silence they are treating me to a fully-loaded weekend at a fancy spa. And I only have 2 conditions: Don't throw up in the koi pond and don't burn down the house!

The sketch is from this week's MojoMonday #241 and the colours are from CR8FN #54.





 








The papers are from Wild Rose Studio's "For Men" 6x6 pack.
The matted each layer in black and distressed the papers before stitching them down .
I fish-tailed a length of green gingham ribbon and attached them down with white brads.  It's supposed to represent the team scarf which the boys wave above their heads. The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments set, stamped on blue CS with Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with a die from Spellbinders Grommet Tags set and attached it to the card base with a couple of  black eyelets.   
 On the inside, I continued with the same colours and layers. 
I've got 4 more cards to make by the end of the week. I sure hope their team wins or there will be no end to their lamentations. My spa experience cannot be diminished by a something as trivial as football. No way! Thanks for dropping by. Next Monday, I'll post some photos of the event. Until next time, take care!

Beijinhos.


   Blogged to:
    Rasberry-Lime Sorbet and
A few football anthem like songs here. 

8 comments:

  1. That's too funny! At first I honestly did not see the "lllll"s in your title and thought to myself "Wow! She's going to Goa (somewhere in India). So jealouse right now!" But I do hope you enjoy your spa day!

    Lovely card, BTW! Love the different shades of green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goa eh? I'll keep that in mind for next year!

      hugs

      Delete
  2. Love this card - I really like the backing papers and the ribbon. I have to admit that I read the title as Goa too :) But I think you've won a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Asha! Love the soccer theme! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!! I love the papers and soft colours!
    Enjoy your time at spa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! That should have said "Enjoy your time at the spa!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely take on our colours! Football can turn sane men into mad men, I know, but I think you got the better deal! Weekend at a spa! Thanks for joining us at CR84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha, LOVE your two conditions! LOL! FAB soccer loving guy card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...