Monday, 14 May 2012

Get Well ... not

Hello, dear friends. Last time we met it was at the start of the weekend. And now we meet again at the end. Where has the weekend gone? I declare, 2 days just ain't enough to recharge my ageing batteries. 20-odd years ago when I first started working, I didn't care much for weekends. I was an ebullient employee, wide-eyed, eager to please and very very ambitious. Nowadays, I look forward to those two precious days to do as I please. And how do I spend it? Cleaning, groceries, laundry and a never ending list of chores... oh I'm glad it's Monday tomorrow!  Here's my card for today. I'm using the sketch from RetroSketch #11 and colours from Just Add Ink #117 to make a Get Well card for Perfect Sentiments #31, the catch: not use the words "Get Well". Here's what I've come up with:
Just Add Ink #117











   
The papers are from Papermania Capsule Collection - "Sunshine" by Tina Higgins 
 I stitched down the various panels and tucked a paper doily  behind the sentiment.
 The sentiment is from Personal Impression's "Double Sayings" set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I attached  the piece to the card with a couple of tiny brads. 
 To finish, an oversized bow to obscure the sentiment! My own actions baffle me at times.
 I could bear to throw the remaining half of the doily so here it is on the inside of the card.  

That's it for today, tonight. Thanks for swinging by and I wish you all a dandy week ahead.

Beijinhos!


   Blogged to:
   Irish Coffee, dark chocolate and
Soulful yet folksy. Intimate yet
expansive. Perfect for late nights.





12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful get well card Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, so soft and sweet with just a touch of elegance. Love what you did with the doily too, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous get well card and bound to make anyone feel better as soon as they see it! I love the use of your leftover doily - I may have to remember to decorate the inside of my cards! Thanks for joining us at Just Add ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful card thanks for playing along with the perfect sentiment this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - love the dp and what you did with the paper doily! Thanks for joining us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Asha. I LOVE the big bow - it's see-through anyway! Lovely card that would make anyone feel better in an instant :) Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, love the doily :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the bright cheerful colors. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI. Love the doily and bow on your card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Asha. Love the detail of the doily and the sheer ribbon. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love how you used the doily with the beautiful pattern papers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and excellent take on our challenge. Thanks for playing at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...