Monday, 7 May 2012

For my Mum...

Hello there, dear friends. Hope this post finds you in good spirits. We had a wonderfully wicked weekend. All made possible by the excellent weather: sunshine, not too hot, just perfect and no rain. Hearts singing, tails wagging, together we skipped, ran, jumped, even rolled on the grass and managed to stay dry! O joy! And then we have today... don't get me started. Suffice to say, we are not happy. In fact we are manifestly morose, downright despondent ... sigh. Still, chin up, shoulders back I marched over to my craft corner and drowned my anguish in paper and card stock. A couple of hours and an undetermined number of Hershey's kisses later, I walked out with this card for my Mum. The sketch is from MojoMonday #240 ,for the colours I turned to Charizma Cards #17 "Pink & Black" and for inspiration: Just Add Ink #116 "Just Add...Mother".

Here's my take on the sketch: I rotated it and made a few changes to suit Mum's tastes. She's not big on ribbons, bows, bells or whistles. The paper is by Papermania. 
I managed to sneak in a little bow to tie a small bouquet of pink paper roses. I'm hoping Mum won't notice it. But I'm sure she will ...  what is it about Mothers - they see everything! The sentiment is from WaltzingMouse Stamps and I heat embossed it with Stampandous Fine White EP. 
The doily background is made up of a couple of Spellbinders die-cuts: Hearts Circle and Flower Doily Accents. 
I also played with some pink ricrac and teeny tiny pink blings.  For the lace trim I used Woodware's Hearts Lace punch. 
On the inside I have a strip the pretty patterned paper and the hearts lace trim 
I'm going to discreetly dispose of these peculiar wrappers strewn all over my worktop and after that I'll shove my plaything neatly in the toy-box. To this day I can still hear Mum say "Put away your toys!" Then I'll gingerly step on the scales, gasp in horror and blame it all on water retention. Thanks for dropping by.

Beijinhos!




Blogged to:
Lightening, Hershey's kisses, Thunder  and
Great songs with meaningful lyrics.





9 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink again, Asha; this card for your Mum is lovely. (Great take on the sketch, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card-like the blak and white paper and the punched edges, your Mum will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Asha. Love the hearts and the doilies and the inside of the card looks great too. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout - this reminds me of a Blackboard. Lovely rick-rack embellishment. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card,i love the hearts and the papers :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week,best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you have used that beautiful hearts lace punch on your card and following it through to the inside. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! thanks so much for joining us at charisma this week! we hope to see you again! good luck! Carlyann xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card. I love the doilies layered on the front and also the way you've done the inside. I'm a big fan of doing the insides of cards! Thanks for sharing with us at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation
    thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...