Monday, 16 April 2012

You Make All The Diffrence

Hello again, dear friends. What can I say? It's Monday again... a full week <sigh!> Hope your week is off to a cracking start. Over here, we have sun! Yay! That's some consolation. We had quite a bit of rain over the weekend. It's nice to be able to walk out and not worry about being soaked to the undies. (I hate it when that happens, don't you?) As its Monday, it's time for my Mojo card. I must admit this card put me in a thunderous mood. It just wasn't happening: couldn't decide on the paper nor the embellishments. I was this close to blaming it all on the sketch. It had to be the sketch's fault I couldn't get my act together...certainly not me, I'm always right! ;-) Here's a card made for a friend, from a bunch of us, to say thank you for her role in a charity fund raising we had recently.

The colours... that was the beginning of my troubles. She is not a big fan of bright colours, stays away from yellow, orange, green... basically anything that could be construed as joyful. Blues and black are fine. Red... well, only if its subdued and not scream vitality or energy. You see why I struggled with this card?!


I used some cherry red CS, ran it through the BigShot with Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirls folder.  I cut & embossed a piece of pink CS with Spellbinder's Edgabilities die. Layered it over some glitter light blue CS, and added some blue satin ribbon.


For embellishments, I used 4 white mulberry paper roses, layered on blue flowers cut with a die from Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents set. 


The sentiment is from WMS Say It Loud set, which I heat embossed on blue CS.  Then I cut it out with Spellbinders Ribbon Tag die.


Here's the inside, some layering a strip of patterned paper I used on the front of the card. It's from  Daisy & Dandelion's "Candy floss and  Marshmallow" A4 pack.

I hope she'll like the card more than I do. Hard to explain... I'm not terribly enthusiastic about this card. The important thing is that she likes it. She should because I've steered clear of any offensive colours!

Do take a peek at the great cards at Make It Monday #85 - you won't be disappointed. Over at Cute Card Thursday #212 they're playing with Spring Flowers - check it out.

Thanks for dropping by and I'll see you in a bit with another card. Take care now!

Beijinhos.



2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card!! I love the flowers!! I'm sure your friend will appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on MIM :)thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa. Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...