Thursday, 12 April 2012

Wishing You A ... Happy Birthday

Well, hello there! Glad to see you back. I've got a quickie for you, a super simple card. I need to get this in the mail pronto. So let's get down to it: My inspiration came from Retro Sketch #6 and Color Throwdown #187.

I must admit that Mr Lavender and Miss Green ... I don't see them two having a good marriage. Chocolate Chip and Saffron ... they just look like meddling foster children. Here we have the ingredients for a perfectly dysfunctional family, or so I thought. But, I was pleasantly surprised by the end result. There's harmony, wouldn't you say? A picture of marital bliss, familial euphoria. And yes, I have an unbelievably wild imagination. Last night's Cosmo still causing chaos is my cranium! Hah! Say that fast 3 times! ;-) Ok ok, I'm leaving now... enjoy!

Standard sized card. I embossed Lavender with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder.  The papers are from WRMK's Travel Light pack.
This really is a very simple card to put together. I didn't have to wield my craft-sword ... much.  But I used my BigShot to cut the Chocolate Chip layer with Spellbinders Round Eyelet die.... and kept my fingers safely in my pocket.
The sentiment is by Personal Impressions, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. Quite a coincidence that the flowers on the stamp should match those on the patterned paper. If only I could channel that fortuity into say... winning the lottery... alas!
If you have vertigo... look away now. Here is an ariel view because I enjoy teasing the faint of heart. But seriously, I just wanted to show you the squiggly-wiggly banner.  I attached it to the die-cut with a purple Lavender eyelet.
And finally, (yes I hear you sigh!), we get to the end: the inside.  I layered and stitched and still left room for a hand-written message. 
The end of today's tour. Thank you for sticking around. If you are feeling dizzy, please grab a paper-bag on your way out. If not, I sure hope you'll be back soon!

Beijinhos!

5 comments:

  1. LOL at your euphoric family Asha...there is definitely harmony here :-). Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely hope for the rest of us, Sam! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Asha - LOVE the stitching! Thank you so much for joining us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card-love the embossed background. I liked this combo of colours although have yet to tackle it! I so love the way you do the inside-so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice card Asha, love the inside.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...