Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Wee Little Baby

Hello dear friends. It's Waltzing Mouse's Blog Party time! My first blog party...ever! This month the theme is "New Beginnings" and I'm going with a baby card which I made for a friend. Can't give it to her yet since Mr Stork is only scheduled to fly by with his precious cargo sometime early next week. In the meantime, being the impatient so-and-so that I am, I've gone ahead and made a card. If you're the superstitious sort, then I suggest you cross your fingers, knock on wood and tie nine knots as you read the rest of this post. But, if you're anything like me, go ahead and grab a glass of wine, sit back and take a peek at all the fabulous creations on display at the party. For my card I am using the sketch from this week's WMSC #93 and the colours are from CR8FN #52.












I decided on a 4.5" square card. The papers are from Daisy and Dandelion "Candy floss and Marshmallow" A4 pack. 
The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments set. I stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa onto pink CS and cut with Spellbinders Eyelet Circles die. Then I layered it on cream CS cut with Spellbinders Heart Circles.
Finally, I stuck it all down with plenty of pop dots.
For embellishments I went with all things girlie: lace, pearls and ribbons. When this wee baby grows up she'll know exactly what's what! ;-) 
I kept it simple on the inside, with plenty of room for me to scribble my words of wisdom  a message.

That's my card for today. Thanks for taking the time to drop in on me. Hope to see you soon!

Beijinhos.



  Blogged to:
  Snoopy's rhythmic snoring, mint tea and
"Carry Me to the Cross" 
awesome closing track.












16 comments:

  1. That is a lovely mat stack. Adorable baby card. Especially like the touch of lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable baby card, Asha!! Love the way you stacked the lovely diecuts for the sentiment piece. Gorgeous colours & papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty color combination Asha! love the die cut circles and pretty lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super sweet baby card, I love that little sentiment and it looks wonderful layered on the diecut. The patterned papers you chose are just perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How super sweet with all the dots and your beautifully framed sentiment!! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and so sweet from the inside out! Love the layered die cuts with the sentiment! Makes my Nestie list grow and GROW! Such sweet polka dotted papers, love the colors!...oh, and the gingham ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Polka dots are great for baby cards!! Those are really nice Spellbinder shapes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute polka dot baby card. The brown and pink are great colors, love the fancy dies you used. The inside of the card is beautiful as well. How fun I bet you cant wait for your friend to have the baby. Happy First Blog Hop! Oh , love the gingham and lace great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card Asha! Love the die cut layers and WM sentiment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN and the WMS party :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, what a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card, love you die cuts, and you've made the inside lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to your first Blog Party...
    love to see new faces and hope you'll come around often! :)
    And what a fabby card...
    love the colors and that oh-so-fabulous sentiment!
    And such a great take on this weeks sketch too! :)
    Congrats to your friend...
    and I'm already planning a card for a friend who isn't due until August!!!
    Of course...
    it won't get done until after arrives because well...
    that's just the way I roll! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debby, this is yummy, I love the pink and mocha colours, perfect baby card, Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great card to welcome a new baby girl! The circle dies are perfect to frame that compact sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The spellbinder die is so sweet! I love this darling baby card and how you use the colors! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, LOVE the polka dots and all of the layers and the die cuts! PRETY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...