Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Thanks a bunch!

Hello there, dear friends! Its back to work / school day for most of us. The weather here has not been very accommodating and the traffic - a nightmare! All is as it should be! Which also means I have a card to show you. When I started this card, I didn't have a definite plan or purpose; it kinda evolved into what it is. I have all these bits of scrap paper, which as a budding paper hoarder, I could not bear to throw away. Some of those lonely pieces found their way onto my MojoMonday #236 card. It's a "Thank You" card, which wasn't easy to do. An hour in crawling traffic tends to put me in a decidedly uncharitable mood but I figured I have much to be thankful for. For starters, I am grateful for the 8 Ferrero Rocher I gobbled up while I sat simmering in traffic. Of course, tomorrow I'll be consumed by guilt and shame, but that's a story for a different card... perhaps even a different blog!


The papers are from Basic Grey's "Pyrus" pack.


It's quite a simple card. I didn't add much to it, some stitching, ribbon and liquid pearls.


The sentiment is from WMS "Compact Sentiment" set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. I  cut it out with Spellbinders Reverse Wonkey Rectangles die and inked with TH's Rusty Hinge. I layered it on blue CS cut with Spellbinders Beaded Oval die. I inked the edges with Glaxy Gold Dew Drop and went to town with the Gold Liquid Pearl.  


Some foam tape for height. Maybe its because I'm a shorty I feel the need to give everything a boost.


I simply will not let go of that last piece of paper!

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to do 100 push-ups...at least I'm going to think about it. A couple of Nuggets usually help me think better. Until next time ... <burp!>

Beijinhos.

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card!! I like the colors and papers!
    Ferrero Rocher? I think I might need to go eat some now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the stitching is great and I like the overall colour feel. Don't worry about the chocs-what else is there to do when stuck in traffic!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...