Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Rocket Boy

Happy Tuesday, fellow bloggers! Another grey gloomy day here, which begs the question "Who stole Spring?!" Looking at the sky...anything could happen: rain, hail, blizzard, but one thing's for certain... there will be little or no sun today. However, over at the funny farm it's business as usual. In the conservatory where I sequester myself to indulge in my vice (several vices, actually) I've been busy, sedulously so, one might say!  I won't give away too much but here's a product of one vice: a card fashioned on this week's MojoMonday Sketch #238. I made this for my nephew who will be celebrating his 6th birthday in a couple of weeks. Really not sure what Nick's into these days, I just hope he has outgrown his passion for pink hand-bags! (I kid you not.) In the meantime I'm sending him an unequivocal masculine card to celebrate the man-child in him... and perhaps he can be persuaded to pick-up a jackhammer instead!

The papers are from "Blast Off" by Bo Bunny.
I stitched the panels down with bright orange floss. It is after all a bright and bubbly card for a youngster. Note: No pink!
The image and sentiment are form WMS "Half Pint Heroes"  - my trophy from WMSC #91. You can see my winning entry here. Back to the image - I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black and did some paper piecing, with some touch-up here and there with Promarkers. 
As always, plenty of foam tape action.
On the inside, I stamped another sentiment from the same stamp set. I love this set - it is chock full of images and sentiments for all the studs and studlings in your life. A whimsical masculine set sooo worth having.

Thanks for dropping by.  I'm going to stare at the sky for a bit. Those billowing dark clouds look like they are about to burst. 

Beijinhos.


   Blogged to:
   Hershey's Kisses, coffee and 
Christian hip-hop rapper rocker from ON Canada. 
This CD is a gift from a youthful neighbour. 
I might be too old for this kinda music but it 
seems to be growing on me... slowly. 











4 comments:

  1. It's adorable and perfect for any little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! Great papers!! I really like the inside sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure this will kick the 'pink handbag' phase out! I am so impressed with the stitiching and the inside of your cards are always a joy to see-not a vice I would say more a paasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love the stitching on this one too! Thanks for the inspiration - I always need help with boyish/manly cards ;)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...