Saturday, 14 April 2012

Masculine Birthday

Happy Saturday, dear friends! The weekend is finally here. It felt like a very looong week. Weather-wise we've had all sorts, very peculiar. Enough small talk, I've got a card to show: a masculine card for a one of our bridge-buddies. I never seem to have any masculine cards in my stash. Need to work on that. But for now, here's one I made using Skipping Stones Designs Sketch #123 and the bright and cheery Colour Q #132.














Square card base. The papers are from Crafts Too "Line & Dots" pack.
As always, I did some stitching. (Still haven't figured out the addiction)
The sentiment is by Dovecraft. I stamped with Versamark, applied Stampendous Fine White EP and heat set it. The tag is a die from Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio. 2 black brads, Spades and Clubs by Woodware complete the embellishments. I would have put the Diamonds and Hearts but simply wasn't enough room. Probably use it for the wife's birthday which is coming up next month.
To match the black tag, I used black check ribbon. Since it's a masculine card, I resisted the compulsion to tie a bow.  
Here's the inside: layering, stitching and more ribbon!
Thanks for stopping by. I wish you a happy a restful weekend with family and friends. It looks like we might have a sunny day...hopefully... maybe...hard to tell. See you soon for another weather update.

Beijinhos!

7 comments:

  1. Love your cheery birthday card and love those brads. TFS and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of work, Asha! Your card is so pretty and so well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute, Asha, love the papers and the ribbon! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love the sentiment panel and how you ran the ribbon through it! Thanks for joining us for the challenge this week at Skipping Stones Design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab 'man' card. Those brads are a great idea. My parents have just started to learn bridge so will look them up. The stitiching is great. I have't done that yet-what machine do you use and is it easy for a novice?
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridge is a great way to keep the ol' grey cell bouncing with youthful vigour. As far as the stitching goes, I do mine the medieval way: needle and thread. BUT when I grow up and I'd like to get the Janome 525S - it was voted best buy in Which Magazine. Check it out. If you get it before I do, let me know what you think of it. :-)

      Delete
  6. This is fabulous! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Skipping Stones! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...