Thursday, 26 April 2012

A Little Thank You

Hello hello, dear friends. I'm feeling chipper today. Oh the sweet smell of the weekend is wafting in. Can you smell it too? Without further ado, let me show you my wee thank you card. I've used Skipping Stones Sketch #125 for this card which I made for my book-club buddy. She's a dear friend who tirelessly picks me up for our fortnightly meet. And she has good reason to: together we unwind to a couple of Tequila Sunrises after the book-bashing session. Oh the little pleasures in life...



The card base measures 5.5" x 2.75".  I've used patterned papers from Pink Paisley "Spring Jubilee" 6x6 pack. Gorgeous papers with a vintage shabby chic feel. 24 sheets, 12 designs 2 each, in the pack. The vellum is a left over bit from Papermania.  


That's a chipboard tag from the collection that I made into a little book-mark and slipped into the ribbon border. It's not really a pocket because I did not want that space to be"vacant" once the book-mark is removed.


Here's a close-up of the tag.  


I added the ribbon on the punched border, and did some stitching with gold emroidery floss. 


A bit more of the same on the inside. The card itself the right size for a book-mark, I think. I might just make a few of this as a Christmas gift for the rest of the girls in the club. 

Thanks for dropping by. I do apologise for the dismal quality of the photos. The weather is so gloomy, and I depend on the sun for light... See you soon!

Beijinhos!


  Blogged to:
  Port wine, dark chocolate and 
Perfect for late light musing. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and take on the sketch! I love how you decorated the inside too. I just never seem to have time to do the inside but I do decorate the envelope sometimes. TFS and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful! And functional! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! Love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that paper is so pretty! love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with this weeks Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...