Monday, 30 April 2012

A little fib...

Hello, my friends! I hang my head in shame and stand before to you confess that I fibbed... a teeny weeny one. I brazenly announced yesterday that there will be no more cards from me in April. Not true. Here I am ... again ... with another card. But I promise you this will be the last for April ... Guide's honour! I simply could not resist getting in the sand-box with MojoMonday. Sketch 239 is soooo cute, I just had to make it. And then there's the colour challenge over at CR8FN #53 - cute colours, I simply couldn't look away. I'm have no self-control and easily fold in the face of temptation. So here it is... 3 Kitkats later,  a happy marriage called CR8-a-Mojo!









The patterned paper is from Papermania's Capsule Collection by Tina Higgins in "Red Hot". I cut it with Spellbinders Classic Circle die and distressed the edges.
Then I stitched it to another 2 die cuts: Spellbinders Lacy Circle on pink CS and Hearts Circle on black CS.  I stuck the ensemble onto the card base which I cut with the same Hearts Circle die.
The sentiment is by Paula Pascual, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on to pale blue CS and cut with Spellbinders Labels 19 die. The black-white contract was a bit much for me, so I filled in the gaps with little pale blue punch-out hearts and some Crystal Stickles. Finally some pale blue ribbon to finish the card front.
When you open the card you see the impression left by the Hearts Circle die (I used the crease pad to get this effect) and the little blue hearts in the middle. Another Lacy Circle die cut and I added the innies from the black CS to make it look less like a baby card. Finally I inked the edges with TH's Antique Linen... and called it a day. Otherwise I'd probably end up fiddling with it well into May!

Thanks for dropping in on me today. I promise you this is the last you'll hear from me this month! See you in May!

Beijinhos.


  Blogged to:
  4 KitKat, 1 cappuccino and 
"What if kindness really could
change the world?"

8 comments:

  1. Wow! LOVE this fancy die cut card inside and out! Beautiful bow and LOVE all the hearts! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Asha! Love the circular shape! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just beautiful and glad you did make another card in April and looking forward to your May creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the fancy die cut frame, and the beautiful paper and ribbon.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Asha! I'm your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love the creases on the inside, brill idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Asha!! Looks like a lot of work. I love the details. Gloria

    Visit my blog - would love more members.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I really like the shaped card, and super inside too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...