Saturday, 28 April 2012

A Little Birdie

Happy Saturday, dear friends. Torrential downpour! The heavens are chucking down buckets load. And to make it a truly special spectacle we have thunderous orchestra and electric illuminations! Perfect day to hide under the covers. But what do I do? I make a card of course! Truth be told, I made this yesterday when the world was calm and quiet. Using the sketch from Just Add Ink # 115, colours from ColorQ #143 and a little avian inspiration from CropStop #69,  I coughed up this little birdie card.




The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye "Pretty Please" 6x6 pack. The background is blue CS embossed using Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirls folder. Then I ran a Versamark pad over it to highlight the embossed parts. And the MME paper on top...looks like ginormous drops of rain, not far from reality!
Kept the embellishments simple with just a couple of coral buttons.  Looks like I've skimped on sentiment too! Truth is I plain forgot. Oh well, I'll just have to stamp something when I decide on the who, when and why.
2 of die-cuts here. The burgundy CS was put through Spellbinder's  Heart Circles die.  I used vanilla CS and Marianne Designs Small Bird LR137 die to cut out the bird.
Did you really think I'd miss out on an opportunity to use foam tape?
Here's the inside. I could not bring myself to chuck the scraps.



This rain is relentless! Not a huge fan of tropical storms, much less when they take place outside the tropics. I'm posting this in a flash and running back to seek refuge under the bed with the rest of the furry fugitives! Thank you so much to dropping in on me today.  And don't forget to take at peeks at the crafty goings-on over at Make It Monday #87

Beijinhos.


   Blogged to:
   Hot-water bottle, security blanket and
because he's pleasing to the eye...and ear!

18 comments:

  1. Really pretty color combo on your card! Love your punched borders. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Bird Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bird and those polka dots! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha this really pretty! I love your bird and the doily in those colours together. I'm so envious of your sewing. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! I love the Versamarked embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. raining in London too and off to a Wedding!
    I just love the little perched birdie-it really jumos off the card and the plain colour of it is perfect against the patterned background

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Asha, love the doily & bird and lovely colours, not to mention all that lovely stitching.
    Thanks for joining us at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorbale! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card Asha, I love your design inside and out! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week; your interpretation of the sketch is lovely, Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Asha. This is a very Beautiful card. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I love your use of the bird die. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha :)
    I sympathise with you about the rain, it's been crazy. I'm dreaming of a full night's sleep without waking up to the house shaking. :) I'm glad that the torrents have not distracted you from you crafting however. Your card is adorable with the beautiful color combinations and layout and the stitching is perfect. :)

    Thank you so much for linking up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha

    Goreous card!! Perhaps the only good thing about the terrible weather is that it is perfect for crafting. I love what you have created here.


    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on MIM. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card I just love your sewing too! perfect! saw it your creation on MIM hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a Beautiful card Asha. I saw this on Make-it-Monday. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card! I love the mix of patterns you used.


    I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m numbers 107 & 109)

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pop of the bird over the doiley! Thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...