Sunday, 22 April 2012

Into Every Garden ...

Happy Sunday, dear friends. This is a  quickie post to show you a card I made for Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge #94. Yesterday I went out on a limb: experimented with bold colours and made a blinding card. Today is quite the opposite. I began the day in a slothful contemplative mood (yes, it's possible!) and decided to play with some old toys: soft pastels.  I really like this week's sketch, which made light work of the card. A peaceful relaxing end to a hectic week... perfect!
The patterned paper is from Crafts-Too "Oriental"  6x6 pack. 
The central panel is a piece of blue CS. I stamped the clouds and rain drops  from WMS Asian Gardens Additions set in Versamark to get that tone on tone effect.
I stamped the sentiment from that set in Memento Tuxedo Black and I cut it out with Spellbinders Labels 20.  
Flat back pearls in a row. That's all the card needed.  Of course, my addiction to foam tape is  still going strong!
Ok ok,  I got a little carried away on the inside. Not entirely CAS, I know...
That's my card for today. I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. I'm especially chuffed that no man or animal was harmed in its production!  You'll find this card sitting pretty over at Raise the Bar #101 where Cloudy Skies is taking centre-stage and Make It Monday #86 where is no shortage of cool cards!

Until next time, have a blessed Sunday!

Beijinhos.

Blogged to:
Cloudy skies, orange cake and 
Can't help but sing along!



11 comments:

  1. So sweet, Asha! I just love the blossoms falling in the background...now that's my kind of spring shower :) The colors are so delicate, perfect with your sentiment...as are the cascading pearls down the center. Love the whole design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Great sentiment and I love the pearls down the center!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance to win a second-prize!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, your card is lovely!! I love the colours and the pretty pearls & the sentiment. A delightful card!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is Fantastic. Saw this on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty paper and the stamped rainy panel Asha - thanks for playing with the WMS sketch the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the focus on teh sentiment.

    I’m stopping by from MIM.

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  9. What pretty colours and papers! Great card :) Thank you for joining us for a Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! The patterned paper and the sentiment are so complimentary to each other. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha this is such a pretty CAS card! I love the subtle cards, just perfect with the sentiment and great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along in our cloud challenge at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...