Saturday, 21 April 2012

Blinding Love

Helloo there! The weekend is here and I finally have time to get crafty. It's been a hectic week... I know I said the same thing last week. But it's true, the days seem to be zooming by and before you know it we'll be in May. I managed to make a card today. It's a card I apparently "offered" to make for a colleague. He's dating this gorgeous lady from Angola (or is it Mozambique?)  and he's completely smitten. She has such a bubbly personality its impossible not to feel upbeat in her company. She's also very colourful - and I mean that literally and figuratively! Her fashion choices are not dictated by the seasons. My love-struck friend wants to give her a card, a bold, cheerful love-token that reflects her exuberant personality. Some where between his enthusiastic gushing and my intermittent "hmmm", "aahh" and "oooh", I allegedly volunteered to produce one for him. I must have drifted into a coma when he began to rhapsodise about her because I certainly don't recall committing to such a charitable act! Anywho, this grouchy ol' hag won't stand in the way of true love. I'm using the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches #142.

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's "Hello Luscious" 6x6 pack. I turned the sketch on its head. 
The only embellishment is the sheer bright yellow ribbon. Everything is so loud nad busy, I daren't play around too much. Scarry!
The stamp is from NitWit's Spring Whimsy set. I coloured sparingly with Promarkers. 
This is what I call a "pain in the neck" shot. The image is hoisted up on pop dots.
I suspect I haven't left him much room on the inside! 
Admittedly, I'm don't veer towards the bold and boisterous, but it's nice to work outside one's comfort zone... occasionally. Now I urgently need to start on something more subdued to get my zen back! In the meantime, swing by Make It Monday #85 and check out the fab creations on display.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll leave you with a couple of photos of André, my 10-year old baby boy. Took him to the vet yesterday for his monthly bath. He's a very private chap and bath-time photos are not easy to snap!   See you soon!












Beijinhos.



Blogged to: 
André's after shower nap, pretzels and 
Aussie boys sing upbeat anthems!  


7 comments:

  1. What a great card. I love the yellow bows. What a darling dog as well!! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha

    Love your card, the papers are really pretty. Such a sweet image and I love the bows. The inside of the card looks fantastic too.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your friend will love this for his 'love'. If she is so colourful this is ideal for her and the image so cutedon't you feel better for this kind act!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just too too cute, Asha. Love the sheer bows. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors and adorable yellow bows. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the recipient of this card is going to LOVE it--it's such a fun card! Thanks for the background on why you made the card--I got a chuckle out of that. :) Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure can still make 'em fantastic even when outside your comfort zone!! Love the bows!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...