Wednesday, 4 April 2012

80 Years Old!

Good day, dear friends. My first post this week. I'm taking a break, albeit a forced one, no thanks to my slice and dice adventure involving a cat, coffee, craft knife and Kung Pao chicken. (The alliteration is rather pitiful!) While the digit in question is healing nicely, visions of Norman Bates and the shower has kept me out of my craft room ... until today. Need a birthday card and it couldn't wait any longer. The sketch is from MojoMonday #235 and the card came together with minimal fuss. Phew! As soon as I'm done here, the card will begin its 8500-mile journey across the ocean and continent, and, hopefully, make it in time for the big celebration. Since air travel is pricey, I'm holding back on my usual extravagant and, sometimes, mindless embellishments. Here's the card:

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey "Hello Luscious" pack. I stuck to a very simple colour palette - red and cream. I wanted to do something bright and bold but not too shocking. The poor dear is 80, after all!
See that sentiment? Its from WMS Asian Gardens Additions set. The same one I struggled with a few days ago. It was still there on the acrylic block, mocking me. So I grabbed it by the throat and stamped it. Take that!
The usual "happy birthday" is hackneyed, kinda boring. Getting to 80 with all your faculties intact is reason enough to celebrate!  
For the the die cut pieces I used Spellbinders Eyelet Circle and Flower Doily Accents. "80" is from Anita's sticker sheet by Papermania.  
Finally some gold ribbon and a little bow to finish the card. Simple is growing on me. I'm hoping my next CAS session won't be as harrowing as the last! 
Here's the inside. I did some layering and stitching to jazz the card up. It's looking kinda naked without my usual bells and whistles! 

I'm also linking this card to Paper Take Weekly where its "Anything Goes" this week.  Divas by Design is celebrating their FIRST birthday! Woohoo, ladies! I'm linking this card for their Challenge#29.

That's all from me today. Thanks for taking a peek at my card. I'm off to the post office and I'll see you later!

Beijinhos!

3 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely and I hope the dear 80 year old loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts!! You always make me smile!! This is another beautiful card!!! Not naked at all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the basic grey paper and the die cuts and agree with Debbie, you always make me smile

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...