Tuesday, 6 March 2012

You're So Sweet!

Happy Tuesday, my blog friends! Today's card is one that I made without anyone or anything in mind - rest assured I will find a home for it soon!  It all began yesterday: I was doing some creative voyeurism over at Coffee Chocolate Cards. The theme for their ongoing Challenge #7 is "Drink Up" - an image of a drink is compulsory. And I have just the stamp for it! I pinched the sketch from Card Patterns Sketch #155 and set to work. Inspiration for the colours came from my memory of the old-fashioned ice cream palours, something totally unfamiliar to today's McDonalds milkshake guzzling generation. Gosh! That statement dates me...what can I say? I am old and getting older by the day! The good news is I still have all my teeth! And on that sweet note, allow me to introduce today's caries-free card. Enjoy!
The papers are from Daisy & Dandelions's "Candyfloss & Marshmallow" pack. The stamps are from the "Sweets Treats" set by Beth Gunnel.
I stamped the image with Memento Rich Cocoa, coloured it with Promarkers and added some Frosted Lace Stickles on  the chocolate shake. Last 2 steps involve Spellbinders Beaded Oval and Tim Holtz "Spun Sugar" distress ink. 
Pink ribbon and a couple of fussy cut sweeties complete the card. 
I could help but throw in a couple of sweets on the inside!
Thanks for taking the time to drop in and I hope to see you real soon.

Beijinhos!

3 comments:

  1. Asha, this is wonderful!! I really wish the kids today could have seen soda shops the way they were meant to be....sad that they are difficult to find anymore. However, your card does them justice! This is just adorable and your layout for this is exceptional. Love all your tiny details and the sewing looks so nice too. GREAT image!


    Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
    Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, insde and out! Thank you for sharing on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the inside, thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...