Sunday, 4 March 2012

You deserve it!

Hello blog friends! I'm posting on Sunday... a rarity! With some free time on hand I decided to make a card for an ex-colleague who, after almost a year being unemployed, finally found a job. Excellent news! And it could not have happened to a more deserving person. After looking around for a suitable sketch (I'm having one of those fickle days...), I finally settled on The Sweet Stop Sketch #148.
The Play Date Café Challenge #121
Next, the colours...my friend is partial to pastels and The Play Date Café Challenge #121 is serving up just the right colours this week: Mojito, Peony and Sand. And finally, for the embellishments I turned to CES Challenge #75 where the theme this week is "Flower Frenzy" - exactly what her garden looks like in spring. Now I have all I need for my card. And here it is...
The papers are from Basic Grey's "Sweet Threads" pack. It's chock full of gorgeous papers - love it! 
The greeting is from Waltzing Mouse "Say It Loud" set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I lightly inked the edges with TH's Pumice Stone distress ink - it's barely visible on the sand CS. For symmetry (I'm weird like that!) I added 3 flat-backed pearls. 
Finally, I added a few vintage roses and 2 resin leaves. These leaves are not flat... hand-delivery a must for this card.  
For the inside, I could not resist laying down a border of that gorgeous floral paper.

You'll also find this card over at Bunny Zoe's Monthly Challenge #21 where the theme is "Celebrations".

That's it from me this Sunday. Thanks for taking the time to drop in and I'll see you again...real soon. Have a blessed day!

Beijinhos.

6 comments:

  1. Your friend is going to love your card! It's just beautiful! You do really lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! I really like the colors! Great news for your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Asha. The papers are lovely and the flowers are beautiful. The finished inside is just perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh this is GORGEOUS! Love your papers and embellishments on this! Fabulous work! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I store the SSS sketches and card samples that I like and yours is just great - so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...