Thursday, 8 March 2012

Warm Wishes

Hi there, blog-buddies. I have a card here to show you, one that took me 2 whole days to complete. Oh yes! Nothing good was happening to it, but I kept going. At one stage it looked dangerously like a Christmas card...of course, the red and green combo did me no favours. Oh Humbug! I reworked it several times just to make sure I removed every trace of festive frippery. I've used Skipping Stones Design sketch #118  for my card. A simple clean sketch just perfect for someone like me to make a hash of it!

Just a strip of DP this time. It's from Basic Grey's "Hello Luscious" pack. The green paper pleated band is also from the same pack. 
The stamp is from HOTP's "Sweet Tweet" set.  So many great birdy related images to choose from. As always, my ink of choice is Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut out the bird using a die from Nellie Snellen's Square Stitching set (MFD033) and framed it with some stitching.
The background is s piece of red CS embossed with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder. I finished the card with some cream satin ribbon tied in a simple knot. 
Simple space on the inside.

Thus ends a tutorial on how to un-Christmas a card! LOL. Anyways, thanks for swinging by and do drop in on me soon!

Beijinhos.

7 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the SSD sketch. The layers of color and that birdie are soo super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! The colors are great! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job with the sketch! Love all the texture! thanks for playing along in this weeks Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, Asha! I love how you demonstrated how to un-Christmas a card! It was definitely an effective technique because your card screams beauty withOUT Christmas. Thanks for joining us this week and sharing with the Skipping Stones Designs team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of those extra details and the embossing is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!! I love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty- love that patterned paper! Thanks for playing along with us this week at SSD!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...