Thursday, 15 March 2012

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Inspiration piece by Andre Walford
Hi there, dear blog-friends. I'm really excited to show you this card. You know how I struggle with CAS cards, how those simple critters still elude me! I had another go at it and tried my darnest to keep it simple. Today's card is probably my best effort so far. In case you're wondering, I'm channelling Andrea Walford's creation as featured in the Makeover Monday Challenge over at the Papercrafter's Library blog. Here's my take on Andrea's card:

I've used only a small piece of DP by Stampin' Up! which came in the spring themed grab bag I received from the nice people at PCL. Thank you kindly!
The background is some brown CS that I embossed with Crafts Too "Love Heart" folder. Then I  applied Memento Rich Cocoa direct to paper to bring out the embossed hearts. Every layer got stitched down good and proper!
The greeting is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps "Compact Sentiments" set.  (Love EVERY stamp in the set - gorgeous font!). The bottle of candy is an orphan stamp ... not sure from whence it came. If you recognise it, please let me know :-)  I stamped the lot with Memento Tuxedo Black, cut out with Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles die and sponged with TH's Spun Sugar. 4 pink eyelets will hold that baby in place.
Here's the inside ... I could not help throwing in an extra bottle of candy!
Since this card is just the thing for one of my sweet-toothed girl-friends I'm taking it over to the Papertake Weekly Challenge where the theme is "For Girls or Mum". Cute Card Thursday #208 is singing "Happy Birthday"... how could I resist?! And finally, Belli Challenge #139 is all about CAS ... perfect! Please swing by these blogs for some stunning works of art.

Until next time, my friends. Thanks for dropping in and I'll see you real soon!

Beijinhos!

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous, love the stitching and the eyelets!

    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥for our special 4th birthday challenge this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you put an extra bottle of candy inside your card. Very clever idea! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Asha! Love the CAS style and the extra jar of candy inside is a lovely touch. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! Love how you finished the inside! Thank you for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Belli, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...