Saturday, 10 March 2012

Sending Birthday Wishes

Sunday Sketch & Stamp #96
Hello again, blog friends. I'm back. So soon, you ask? I just remembered that I need a card for a birthday dinner we are attending this Saturday evening... and I have none in my stash! I grabbed a sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp #96, threw in colours from Color Throwdown #182 and came up with this little hurried concoction:

The paper is from Basic Grey's "Pyrus" pack. See that bright spot at the top of the card? Blame it on my unpredictable and sometimes capricious 10 billion volts lighting system called the Sun. (I hope that little burst foretells a glorious sunny day!)
On closer inspection... The greeting is from WMS "Say It Loud" set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles die and stencilled the piece with TH's Rusty Hinge distress ink. For the flowers I used a die from Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents set and held them down with Woodware's eyelets.  
Final touch: a quarter inch strip of blue satin ribbon and bow.
I didn't fiddle about much with the inside - a die cut flower  and I called it done!
I'm hooking this card up at CropStop #62 where the theme is Rainbow of Colours. Don't know about the rainbow but I have 4 colours on this card, so it'll have to do.

Thanks for taking the time to visit. Have a great weekend and I'll catch up with you all on Monday.

Beijinhos!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card! That paper is really pretty :)
    Thanks for playing along at Sunday Sketch & Stamp!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love your color inspiration and your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card, love the retro feel of it :)

    Hugs
    Carina at CropStops Creative Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Thank you for joining in our CropStop challenge. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...