Thursday, 22 March 2012

Miss You

Hello there, blog friends. I made a card today for my sister. We won't be spending Easter together this year, which is such a shame. Shouldn't complain, I guess. After all, I had a nice long Easter break with her last year. And that got me thinking about "stuff".. I must warm you, I over-think everything.  At times like these, I seek solace in my cards... gives me something else to think about and analyse to death! (Probably explains why I fail at CAS projects.) So before I drive you up the wall, let me just show you my card.  Today I'm using CPS's sketch #257 and paring it with colours from Colour Throwdown challenge #184. The brief is to use Elegant Eggplant (Aubergine? any kinda purple?), Certainly Celery (pale green? not too keen on celery, tasteless), So Saffron (paella, yum!) and Brocade Blue (err..haven't the foggiest).












After much thought and (agonising) scrutiny of the colours, I've come up with this simple piece:
The patterned papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection by Tina Higgins. The blue is from the "Aqua" pack and the yellow (read: So Saffron) is from "Sunshine".
The butterfly is from an Accesorize hologram stickers sheet I have in my stash.  The  sentiment is from Personal Impressions Round Tags set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with Spellbinders Round Eyelet die and lightly sponged with TH's Bundled Sage.
 Finally, I garnished the card with celery ribbon and a celery bow.  
For the inside, I went with Saffron, leaving plenty of room for my "stuff"!
Since my card has a "Thing with Wings", I'm sending it off to Paper Creations Ink challenge #21. And how could I resist Cute Card Thursday challenge #209 "Anything Goes". This card qualifies as "anything", I think.

Ok, that's it - no more thinking or linking. I hope you enjoyed this visit. Thanks for taking the time and I'll see you again, soon.

Beijinhos!

6 comments:

  1. hola!
    muy linda participación en CPS
    yo tb estoy participando, por si me quieres pasar a ver!!
    un abrazo
    c@

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! your sister will love it! :) thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Asha, cute
    thanks for joining our challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    PCI DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...