Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Just For You

Hello there, my friends. I'm back with a card for you. This time I was inspired by the sketch from WaltzingMouse Challenge #89. It's such a cute sketch and it's not asking for much. So I decided to do it justice by exercising extreme restraint which, for me, is a vexing mission!

I've been thinking a lot about friends, present and past, and of friendships, current and lapsed and how they affect and perhaps influence our lives. It got me thinking that we (or maybe its just me) mostly say thank you when we receive something: a gift, an act of kindness, an invitation etc. But there are some people for whom a simple thank you just won't cut it. I'm going to send this card to a very dear friend: someone who is supportive yet brutally honest; who is compassionate but will not hesitate to knock me on the head when I need it; who calls me at 2am to remind me of a doctor's appointment; who says a special prayer for my kitty with cancer ... the list is endless and thank you just isn't enough. Here's my card for her:

The papers are from HOTP's "Bohemian" 12x12 pack.
Restraint was my mantra.... all I did was stitch the panels down. Got to learn when to leave things well alone! ;-)
The greeting is from WMS "Compact Sentiments" stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa on some pale lilac CS. I cut it out with Spellbinders Labels 20 and very lightly sponged it with TH's Tattered Rose. I adhered 2 pearls on either end. I cut some pearlescent cocoa CS with a die from Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents set and adhered the sentiment label with some foam tape. Finally, 4 tiny pearls at the 4 corners.  
Some sheer pink ribbon and bow mark the end of my fiddlings! I used some more foam tape to stick the doily piece to the card.  
On the inside, I did some stamping. The sentiment is from the WMS "Say It Loud" set.
Thanks for visiting and for spending these few minutes with me. I hope you'l be back for some more philosophical musings cards. Until next time, my friends ...

Beijinhos!

5 comments:

Sam said...

What a truly elegant card. You have succeeded beautifully in your vexing mission Asha. Well done! You have a beautiful blog, and I love your writing.
I hope your cat is ok!
Sam.

Asha said...

Thanks for asking, Sam. Kitty is doing ok. Finished another round of chemo and she's responding well to her meds. Fingers crossed she'll be around for another 12 years! ;-)

Julia Aston said...

Love the die cut sentiment and pretty die cut framing of it! lovely colors and great sentiment inside! The pearls are the perfect acctnt! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Kelly S. said...

I love how you combined those sentiments! Such a beautiful card for a special friend. The papers are so elegant and I just love the little details you have included. So glad you could play along with the WMSC this week, Asha!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely flip of the sketch, and great use of space, the new sentiments are great aren't they, well done! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...