Friday, 16 March 2012

I Will Always Love You

Fear not, blog-buddies. I am not about to belt out a love anthem! Rest easy while I show you this quick and easy card I made for a colleague, a starry-eyed young wife who will be celebrating her 1st wedding anniversary on Sunday, March 18th. All week she's been on (and on) about getting a card... the perfect card, the sweetest card, etc etc, well, you get the picture. We had a deal: if she didn't (couldn't) find one by the end of the day yesterday, I would make one for her...my gift for the happy couple. I don't know if it's what she had in mind, but it's what she's getting! :-)  And here it is. My inspiration came from this week's CASE Study challenge #82, a card by Laura Bassen.
The DP is by Stampin' Up! (Don't know what it's called; twas in my spring grab bag from PCL.)  Simple single layer card.
The stars of the card, in my opinion, are the pink butterflies.  I couldn't leave them well alone so I loaded their delicate wings with some itsy-bitsy bling.  On the top left corner, I have 3 chocolate coloured flat-back pearls.
The greeting is from WMS's new "Compact Sentiments" set. I stamped it on pink CS with Memento Rich Cocoa, cut out using Spellbinders Labels 20 and sponged with TH's Spun Sugar. Some quarter inch chocolate satin ribbon and a soft pink sheer bow complete the card.
For the inside, I did some layering, stitching, stamping and punching. Probably the busiest I've been on the inside! I've had those butterfly stamps for a good few years.. well before I started making cards. And since I don't read Japanese, I can't tell you any more about them :-)  The border punch is by Woodware and I've also attached a strip of the yummy chocolate ribbon. 
I'm sending this card over to Crafty Sentiments for their "Things With Wings" challenge and also to Crop Stop where Challenge #63 is all about Butterflies. And guess what? Chocolate is my favourite colour... I mean, who doesn't like chocolate?! I'm so posting this card at DYSU Challenge #63 - "Favourite Colour".

That's all from me today. The weekend is almost here. Hopefully it will be a restful couple of days with sun... please, let there be sun! Thanks for visiting and see you soon...  ;-)

Beijinhos!

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! That dsp is beautiful! I love chocolate... both the color and the 'real' stuff!! :) I'm sure your colleague will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! Hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very beautiful, Asha. I love the paper and the butterflies are very pretty too. Your friend will love it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterfly card! Love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! The butterflies are beautiful details. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Butterfly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the colours. Thanks joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and so elegant, love the style and the colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your butterflies are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Cropstop. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I am sure it is perfect for your friend.
    Diane
    (and now you have got me humming that song in my head lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love your pretty butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely! Those butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Taking lovely flight! Thanks for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...