Friday, 30 March 2012

How are you?

I'm back, blog-buddies! I bring you card #2. Truth be told, I finished this card a couple of days ago but never got 'round to posting it. I'm sure I had a good excuse reason but it escapes me now. Enough jibber-jabber, and on to the card. You might recognise this as Sketch #66 of Papertake Weekly ... and you'd be spot on. You might also notice a great deal of stitching ...yes, it's an addiction, an affliction and I'm checking into DYSU ward #65 - Sew It. While I recuperate, feel free to look around...

The patterned papers are from HOTP's Soft Nostalgia collection.
Plenty of layering going on here. I used Nellie Snellen's  Multi Frame Die Square Stitching (MFD033) on the pink CS and went ahead and did the stitching. I considered using a darker CS but the contrast was too much against the busy floral background and all the stitching I was planning on doing. It's more subtle this way, not so in-your-face. 
 The sentiment is from WMS's Compact Sentiment ser. I use a smaller die and omitted the stitching. It was not easy, I tell ya!
For a pop of colour, I went for a dark pink satin bow.   
On the inside I saw another opportunity to start stitching...

That's all from me today. I should lie down before I hurt myself. Thanks for swinging by and I'll see y'all tomorrow! Take care ...

Beijinhos!


3 comments:

  1. wow the stitching is amazing-you do need a rest. I have no sewing machine and am a bit scared of entering into the sewing world-but you have done a great jib, so much detail and care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Asha :-) the colours and details on this are lovely and the stitching is FAB ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Awesome LO and I LOVE all of that stitching you did on the die-cut! Thanks so much for joining us, this week, at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...