Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Hello

Hello again, blog friends. I'm back with another card to share with you.. and this is a strange one. I'm looking at it thinking "it cannot possibly be mine!" Its totally fru fru... not me at all, not by a long shot! And how did I get to this card? I'm laying the blame squarely on 2 challenges: Card Positioning System #256 for providing the sketch and CR8FN #50 for suggesting the colours. And since I'm playing the blame game, I might as well drag in Sweet Stamp #57 for its "Think Spring" theme. So here it is, my sprightly card for the day!

CPS Sketch #256














The papers are from the aptly named "Sugar & Spice" collection by Dovecraft.
This card is frugal on the embellishments. I've only splurged out on 3 pink rhinestones and a little bit of yellow ric-rac. The papers are doing most of the work!
The greeting is from the Round Tags set by Personal Impressions, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa onto Westcountry Super Smooth 300gsm paper. Then I cut it out with Spellbinders Eyelet Circle die and did some sponging and inking with TH's Spun Sugar.
On the inside, I kept things simple with just a strip of the pink polka dot paper. 
That's my card for today. Thanks for taking the time to visit and please come back tomorrow for another card.

Beijinhos!

6 comments:

  1. Cute card! What fun patterned paper! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really gorgeous. I'm with Mona- love all the patterned papers & the stitching is a great addition! I've really enjoyed viewing the other CPS applicants work& yours is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, you don't need a lot of bling when you have such pretty patterns of paper! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy card! Love all of your sweet layers and the fun rick rack trim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the patterns you used! Thanks for joining the SweetStamps.com Think Spring challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...