Wednesday, 28 March 2012

He has risen!

Hi there, blog-friends! It's been a crazy couple of days here at the commune. Don't know what it is but all the quadrupeds have been restless... still are. Maybe it's the sudden increase in temperature or maybe their excited about Easter, just as I am. Speaking of which, let me show you my latest Easter card. This one is based on Card Patterns sketch #158. I struggled a bit (a fair bit!) with this sketch. It refused to come together. I had plans, big plans but it was being utterly obnoxious (yep, when in doubt blame the card). In the end, I let it be ...





The patterned papers are from HOTP's "Soft Nostalgia" collection.

The stamps are from Verve's "Everlasting Life" set.  I love every  stamp in this set. As always, I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp, then cut it out with Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles and layered it on Spellbinders Fleur-de-Lis Rectangles. 

I cut the sentiment with a die from Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio set. The cross and swirls got their colour from Promarkers.

And for that doily bit at the botton I used Nellie Snellen's Circle Dots die.  A sheer ribbon bow and a red mulberry paper rose complete this card.
That's another Easter card done. I still have a few more to do. In the meantime, I'm linking this card over at Divas by Design Challenge #24 where the brief is"Stamp Something" and Crafty Sentiments Challenge 27 where the theme is "Easter".

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back real soon with another Easter offering. Until then ...

Beijinhos!

5 comments:

  1. A really beautiful Easter creation, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card! This is what Easter is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Easter card and I think you have done a fab job with the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Easter card! Lovely colours. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Easter card. Thanks for joining the Divas this week.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...