Friday, 9 March 2012

Happy Easter

Cute Card Thursday #207
Hello blog-friends...can you smell the weekend? Almost here...yay! Today I have a little card to show you - a square 4.25"creation. I wanted to make an alternative card for a friend I know to be totally and utterly opposed to all the usual Easter trappings; you know, bunnies, eggs, chocolate, daffodils, etc. I sent her an innocuous card, once. Later, together with a thank you, I got a 53 minute speech. Oh, never again! This year she's getting what she wants! For her card I used the sketch from Cute Card Thursday Challenge #207 and a recipe from Dutch Dare Card Challenge #155. The ingredients are: 1 stamped image, 1 sentiment, 2 ribbons, 3 pattern papers and 4 embellishments. Put it all together and here's what I've come up with:



I used a bright blue card base layered with some plain sand CS. The 3 pattern paper panels are from Cosmo Cricket's "Togetherness" pack. 


The image is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps "Spring Basket" set. I cut out the flowers, coloured it with Promarkers and stuck it on with foam tape. The die cut layer is a die from Spellbinders Labels 23, inked with TH's Antique Linen distress ink. The sentiment is from Paula Pascual's "All Year Round" set. The flower shaped layer is from Nellie Snellen's Hexagon Dots die set, inked with TH's Tattered Rose and I stamped little flowers with TH's Spun Sugar.


I wrapped 2 ribbons - a broad sheer and a quarter inch satin - behind the basket. And finally 4 red brads to finish the card.


I cut out the flowers and stuck it on the side of the card.
That's my Easter card with a difference. I hope she'll like it. Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back with one more post before the weekend...maybe! ;-)

Beijinhos!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Your card is so gorgeous, I am sure your friend will love it!

Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

Patrice said...

Love all your stitching...hope you'll join me again this week at 52 Card Pickup!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-10.html

Leslie Turner said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

debby4000 said...

Awww this is so cute and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Dot said...

LOvely card, so pretty decorated.
Thank you for joining our challenge at DDCC this time.
hugs Dorte

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...