Sunday, 18 March 2012

Happy Belated Birthday

Hello again, my friends. Hope you're having a lovely day. The weekend hasn't been bright or sunny so far. Yesterday was a dull and gloomy day. I caught up with some reading while the fur-babies napped... pretty much all day! I'm hoping today will be better, too early to tell.  This is a quick fly-by post to show you a card I made for a birthday that was last week ... oh yes, big-time ooops! Not like me to forget birthdays and anniversaries, but there you go. It happens to the best of us, eventually! :-) I used Skipping Stones Designs sketch #119 for my card. It's a simple yet cute sketch, just the thing when I don't have the time to get technical. Why? I need to work on my excuse, of course! Here's the card:

The patterned papers are left-over bits from the "Toy Box" pack by Crate Paper.  I stitched down the panels.
The greeting is from Personal Impressions "Double Sayings set, I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto some red CS and cut it out with Spellbinders Grommet Tags die. I adhered it down to the card with 2 yellow eyelets.  The balloons are by Molly Bloom, coloured with Promarkers.
I stuck the balloons down with some pop dots. 
On the inside.... oh yes, plenty of room for my excuse(s)!
I'm also linking this to Shelly's Images where its Anything Goes this week.

Thanks for dropping by. I'll be back with another card late today (I hope), one that I am really excited to show you. See you soon... and in the meantime, have a blessed Sunday!

Beijinhos!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Such an adorable card! I love the colors and the way you finished off the inside. Thanks for joining us over at SSD for this week's sketch challenge.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is ADORABLE! Love the balloons! Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jingle said...

This is really cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

Pamela said...

Fun card! I love it! I really love the stitching! :)

Katie Gehring said...

This is so fun! Love the patterned papers you selected and those festive balloons!

Jen Leeflang said...

Great stitching!
Thanks for entering our "Show us what you got" Challenge at Shelly's Images.
Good luck in the draw -- pop by the blog again tomorrow so you can participate in our next exciting challenge!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
SHELLY'S IMAGES DT

wendyp said...

Fabulous job with the sketch!!! Love the balloons tucked behind the sentiment panel! Thanks for playing along with Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...