Friday, 23 March 2012

God's Basket

Good day, blog-buddies. It's Friday ... yippeee! For me that means I need to seriously get down to making  AND sending out my Easter cards. I am sooo beeeehind. Can you believe we're just a fortnight away from the big day?! Heavens! Where has the time gone. I remember thinking at the beginning of Lent "40 days without sweet thangs, how will I survive?" Right now we are a little over 14 days away... Heavens!  Let's get down to business: I've succumbed to line producing my Easter cards. For colours I sought help from The Play Date Café Challenge #124. - Raspberry, Harbour and Honey Mustard.  For the sketch, I channeled Gina K from Stamp TV. I love her simple style. I'm stalking her. I suggest you do too ;-)


The patterned papers are from HOTP's Soft Nostalgia 12x12 pack. I decided to use the blue and yellow for the card and for accent, I went with just the raspberry. I coloured the bow in image in raspberry (sort of) and similar coloured eyelets and ribbon for the sentiment tag.
The image and sentiment are from WMS "Spring Basket" set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I used Spellbinders dies - Classic Circles and Eyelet Circles - to cut ou the image and matt piece. And to cut out the sentiment I used Spellbinders Grommet die. I coloured the image with Promarkers. 
Have you noticed that the basket is NOT brown. There's a story to that. The challenge requires the use of certain colours and other colours should be neutral. Is brown neutral? Should my basket be blue harbour or honey mustard? Can't imagine owning a raspberry egg basket. Should I leave it plain? Have I mentioned I over-think stuff? As you can see here, I left it uncoloured for a while. But it just did not look right to me. After I took this photo, I went ahead and coloured it brown, neutral brown, I hope! I did some inking with TH's Antique Linen, neutral linen of course!   
For the inside, I stamped a sentiment of the same stamp set and used some scrap pieces from the same paper pack. 
I'm off to finish 4 more similar cards. Hope you enjoyed this visit. I'll be back with some more Easter cards over the weekend. Have a great weekend end and see you soon!

Beijinhos.

8 comments:

  1. Well done......please join me again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow
    I love this card about faith
    congratulations is very NICE!!
    I folow you noaw
    thanks for visit me
    I love your work
    from Chile I´m your fan!!
    c@

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m begginin Scrapand I need tips and help
    thnaks!!
    (sorry for my bad english)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Carolina, you are too kind! Thank you so much for your support. If you like faith based cards, I think you might like a card I'm working on now... watch this space, my friend! And about scrapbooking ... I'm not there yet, and with good reason. One of these days, I'll post a lil' something chronicling my adventures with scrapbooking ... watch this space, again!

      Beijinhos!

      Delete
  4. this is gorgoeus-I saw it on 52 card pick up. The sentiment is just perfect and the little basket so cute. I also need to make some Easter cards and you have inspired me! I am now one of your followers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha I love that sentiment in front of the card! Where I grew up Easter was not about eggs nor bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the way you finished off the card inside, so perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent card, love the design. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...