Monday, 19 March 2012

Floral Easter

Hello again, dear friends. It's time for another MojoMonday card. Here's this week's sketch 233 . It looks harmless enough, but boy, did I struggle. Can't seem to find my mojo today. You know, I tried all kinds of everything this is what I've come up with. Not particularly thrilled, but I've done worse! Tell me what you think :-)






The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye "Pretty Please" pack.  And because I decided to use a very busy floral print for the background, I kept it at just one piece, with a strip of quarter inch cream satin ribbon running down just off centre.  


 For embellishment I've got 4 purple pearls running down the left panel. With the X-Cut Border Punch "Leafy Lace" I gave a decorative edge to some blue CS for the side panel.  I've also used 4 purple eyelets: 2 on the side panel and 2 more on the label. I tied a simple knot in sheer purple ribbon through the top eyelet of the punched panel. 


The greeting is from WMS's "Compact Sentiments" set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on to some white CS, cut out with Spellbinders Grommet Tags die and sponged with TH's Faded Jeans and Tattered Rose. Using my Fiskars punch I got 4 itsy-bitsy blossoms to scatter on the label, to follow through with those on the patterned paper. 


Finally, on all 4 corners I've attached a cluster of  flat-back pearls.


On the inside, followed through with the floral theme by adhering a couple of  large blooms , cut using a die from Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents set.

Since my embellis are in 4s I'm also going for the Raise the Bar challenge #96. As always, I'm sharing this with the good folks at Make It Monday #81. Thanks for visiting and see you at my next post.

Beijinhos!

BRAG UPDATE Mar 23, 2012: Yippeee! Made the Top Pick for Raise the Bar Challenge #96. Please visit the blog and check the other amazing Top Picks. I'm so honoured to be included!  :-)))

4 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, I adore the fun bright colors...hope you have a super week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bright and fun colors! Love how the card turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another totally gorgeous, happy creation Asha. I love how you juxtapose multiple patterned papers on your cards. This style really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha

    Very pretty card! I think the sentiment as the focal point looks fantastic.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    Remember, to be in with a chance to win the fabulous prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entrant. Be sure to mention you saw them on MIM. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa. Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...