Monday, 26 March 2012

Feel Better Soon

Hi there, dear friends. It's Monday and that means ... (all together now...) ... MojoMonday! Oh yes sireee! Another week has gone and here we are again! I've got a really quick card for you. I whipped this up in literally minutes (remember, every hour is made up of, literally, minutes) My dear dear friend, C, is scheduled to go in for a delicate surgery on Thursday and I want to pass this card to her this evening. I looked at MojoMonday sketch 234, it looked back and I was inspired. Mojo and I, we connect. Talk about that later. For now, let me show you my card:

The patterned papers are by Basic Grey "Helo Luscious".  With my Xcut Border Punch I punched around a square piece of blue CS. Hah! Move over Martha Stewart!  
I used Spellbinders Labels 20 to cut out the sentiment.
The sentiments is from WMS "Say It Loud" set. I stuck some pale green flat back pearls and attached a bow from sheer ribbon.
I very lightly sponged the label with TH's Bundled Sage.  As you can see, its a really simple card. 
I wanted a strong colour for the inside. Encouragement. Perhaps red for someone facing surgery isn't the smartest choice! On the other hand, the chinese believe red to be a lucky colour, auspicious and all that.  All that remains is for me to convince C to get in touch with her inner chinese. 
Thanks for making a pit-stop at my blog. I'll be back later with another card and more pointless musings. Until then, stay safe!

Beijinhos.

2 comments:

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...