Sunday, 25 March 2012

Easter Garden

Hellooo, my friends. It's me again, with a dream and a card. I say dream because if I had green thumbs, fingers and toes, my garden would be a-bloom with the magic of spring. Alas, I callously commit cacticide and mercilessly murder marigolds. You wouldn't know this given the mob of birds that invade  my yard (I bribe them grains) and butterflies happily fluttering about (only to realise they've been duped by the birds). Still, I have a fig tree who faithfully (and abundantly) delivers twice a year and a robust rumbustious (drives me nuts, it does!) pomegranate tree (bush?) who yields coconut-sized fruits every autumn. One musn't complain, eh? And one can still dream ... Mine took shape with the help of WMSC #90.


I used patterned papers from an unlikely pack - "Travel Light" by WRMK.  This collection is "packed" with bright sunny papers - get it?! ;-) The central layer reminds me of garden trellis. That's me wishing I had one. 


The flowers and sentiment stamps are from WMS "Spring Baskets" and the basket is from the "Baskets Additions" set.  All stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. Please say you can see the Crystal Stickles on the leaves. The camera isn't picking it up ... I was expecting a bright healthy glow, but nada! Drats!


I went crazy with paper piecing. After some spring cleaning I ended up with a fair bit of scrap paper. These come from Doodlebug - various collections.  I paper pieced everything, even the basket. The centre piece is sitting on cream CS  cut withe Spellbinders Labels 19, lightly sponged with TH's Antique Linen. (Still can't see the Stickles?)


I had to use the garden trellis paper on the inside and another paper pieced bouquet. The latter because I made an extra bunch and it had no where to go.


Let's take another look at the card-front. Plenty of pop-dot action. And far yonder, notice the flat-back pearls at the top corners? (Crystal Stickles on the leaves? No?) You might want to look again at Figures 1, 2 and 3. 

That's my card for today. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I'm especially pleased I did not use any ribbon because that usually happens when I'm running out of ideas!

Since I'm in a generous mood, I'm entering my card in the Tuesday Throwdown #90 "Spring Clean" challenge, DYSU #64 "Plaid" challenge and Raise the Bar #97 "In the Garden" challenge.

And don't forget to swing by Make It Monday #82 - rumour has it they're showing off some great stuff!

Thanks for hanging out with me. Until next time, my friends. Have a blessed Sunday.

Beijinhos!

20 comments:

  1. I love the colors and the stitching was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours, the stitching, the papers, the pearls, everything is perfect!! A beautiful spring card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a springtime cutie, luv the flowers....hope you have a super week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet take on the sketch with those blooms scattered around the basket! Asha, I laughed at your post, too! I have much better luck creating paper gardens myself :) LOVE that beautiful plaid paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your garden sounds great-a fig tree-wow.
    I love the paper piecing-you must have patience and that paper is yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no green thumb lol. I murder mine as well. I love what you did with this card, Saw it on MIM and just had to come and tell you how adorable this is.

    Hugs
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, really pretty.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Beautiful card Asha. Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card design. Great colors, and flowers, so glad I saw it on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these pretty paper blooms...
    they're so fabulous!!
    And the papers are so bright and cheerful...
    just love this fabby creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, Asha, inside and out! So glad you shared it with us in the "Spring Cleaning" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope we're going to see your wonderful creations in our upcoming challenges, too.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Asha what a fun blog post .It did make me giggle .loving the card that you made is a bonus!.Love the paper and your paper piecing as well . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw your link on MIM Asha.What a cheerful card you have shared with those gorgeous soothing flowers
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a colorful paperpieced garden Asha! love the multicolored patterned paper you used as well! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, you have a green thumb in stamping with all the beautiful flowers. Beautiful papers too in you card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you worked the sketch, the flowers look lovely, thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi

    Beautiful card! I love the layers and the great papers. The stitching really gives a great finish.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Asha! This is so bright and colorful! What a wonderful use of the sketch! Thanks for playing with us this week at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice take on the sketch. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa. Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...