Thursday, 29 March 2012

Easter Delights

Hello there, dear blog friends! Just one more day and it's the weekend. (Our lucky friends in Australia have already crossed over into Friday - not fair!) So far, this has been one loooong, tiresome week for me. To lift my spirit, I grabbed a cup of cappuccino and strolled on over to The Play Date Café. Have you seen the colours for this week's PDCC #125?! Chocolate chocolate chocolate. But wait a minute! PDCC has stealthily introduced it as "Brown", a splash of Brown. Which, I'm told, is not unlike a splash of luscious hot chocolate. Speaking of a splash of colour, I'm guessing that means spots of colour. In which case ... ooops! I may have spilt some chocolate brown on my card... The sketch is from CPS challenge #258 - clean and simple. I gave it a 180º turn. And finally, I'm ready to take my festive offering to the good folks at Just Add Ink #111!














See that big pool of melted Brown? That's plain ol' CS embossed using Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder. (Apparently the Swiss make some of the best Brown. I haven't completed my study on that... )


I layered that extra dark semi-sweet Brown on some black CS. I punched the sides with Xcut Lace Trim Border Punch.


 The focal point?A trio of eggs non-avian eggs, in various shades of Brown - extra dark, milk, even white!  The image and sentiment are from WMS Spring Baskets set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. And then I went to work with my Promarkers and hoisted the lot up with the aid of pop dots. Oh, I also added 3 Brown flat-backed pearls. 


Then I wrapped it all up in some milk Brown polka dot ribbon.  And right on top, you'll find 3 white brads (Hershey's, I reckon!) Before I forget, I used Spellbinders Labels 14 to cut out the image. The outline design is a stamp from WMS Holiday Labels No. 14, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.

And yes, I did finish the inside, but the battery in my camera went flat. It's recharging and the picture will be up soon.

Update Mar 30: And here's the inside:


Thanks for spending your precious time with me today. I hope to see you back...soon. Why? I'm weaving a basket. Why? For Easter. Why? Why not? Are you intrigued? Or bored? ;-)

Beijinhos!

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!! I love that brown color... really looks chocolate!!! :) Beautifully embellished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Asha...this is beautiful! I love those eggs (now will be heading to WMS!) and I love how you framed each side with that frilly border. Such a cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, this is REALLY beautiful!! I love the rich chocolate tones, and the crisp, clean detail. The ornate eggs are gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha

    This is a fab choccy card. I just love that ribbon. Your post really made me smile x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, I love your brown tone Easter card! Beautiful edges and bow,sweet egg stamp as well. Seems everyone is doing that challenge. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks yummy - I mean gorgeous! I suddenly have a craving for chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty! I would not think about these colors for easter, but the combination is so wonderful!!I truly love how this turned out!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! What a stunning Easter card. I love it. Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute, Asha~ LOVE the sewing, cute eggs and pretty punching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours you have used - un-usual for an Easter Card - it's lovely. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    nice card
    I work in CPS-258 to
    if you can visit me
    here is de link!!

    hugs from Chile

    http://carolinamaraboliscrap.blogspot.com/2012/05/tarjeta-dama-vintage-cps-258.html

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...