Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Congratulations?

Hello, dear friends. We're half way through the week. Can you believe how fast time flies? And I'm waaay behind on my Easter cards. Have to get myself sorted out soon. That was exactly what I was trying to do with Card Patern's sketch 157. The plan was to make an Easter card. I got the papers, did the stitching and all that was left was to stamp the greeting. And then the phone rang... an ominous ring! It was one of the ladies from church with an invitation to her granddaughter's graduation! Huh?! That threw me because I attended her only granddaughter's baptism 5 years ago. Who is this child genius? Before I had the chance to say anything (like, something stupid), she added "Ooooh, she's top in her class. She's very intelligent. Kindergarden isn't what it used to be. It's very competitive. Not like in our day, we were all dense back then." I should have put the phone down at that point, but she caught me in a peculiarly charitable mood and after exchanging the appropriate pleasantries, I told her I'd drop by after dinner for coffee and congratulate the little scholar. And just like that my Easter card morphed into a "Congratulations" card. I'm hoping the little prodigy won't suspect the card's paschal origin.

The patterned paper is by Doodlebug. I embossed the background yellow CS with Crafts Too's  "Daisies" folder and lightly dabbed Versacolor White Kraft Ink over it to bring out the daisies.
The greeting is by Papermania, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on white CS. I cut it out with Spellbinders Labels 14 die and sponged with TH's Spun Sugar. The smaller sentiment is from WMS "Say It Loud" set. 
I set an eyelet at the top of the banner strip and tied a simple knot with some sheer red ribbon. I punched a border on white CS with XCut Flower Doily punch.  
On the inside I went ahead with more punching. Reminds me of chocolate caramel. Cadbury's Caramel Eggs, remember those?
I'm also linking this card over at Crafty Sentiments where the challenge this week is "Congratulations". 

That's all from me today. Thanks for visiting and I'll catch up with you tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this photo of Xiara (the cat) and Snoopy - true BFFs.

Beijinhos!

"Joined at the Hip"

  

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card!! And it has it's own cute story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the embossing here. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Sentiments this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Asha! The banner strip reminds me of a merit ribbon, so it is perfect for an academic congratulations card!

    I am also excited because I just purchased the same set of Spellbinder nestie labels that you have used. Don't you think they look a bit cloud-like? So pretty!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card thanx for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck..

    Caz xx CSD DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...