Saturday, 3 March 2012

Boy, Balloon, Birthday

Papertake Weekly Challenge #65
Hello again, my crafty friends. Today I have another card to share with you. I made this for a little boy...well, not so little. He's turning 10 is a few days and is convinced he is now a man. Maybe he's right. I can name a few 40-something men who behave like 10 year olds! The inspiration for this card came from 3 different challenges. Papertake Weekly Challenge #65 gave me the sketch - a really cute one at that! For the colours I turned to Craft Room Challenge where this week its all about Orange, Brown and Cream. And finally, I hopped over to a Divas By Design where Challenge #24 focuses on Spots and/or and Dots. I put it all together and came up with this fun card.

The papers are from Basic Grey's "Life of the Party" pack and more than  my usual dose of layering on this card.
The image is from Molly Bloom's clear stamps set. I paper pieced his outfit and shoes, then coloured in the rest with Promarkers. The greeting is also from the same stamp set.
Chocolate polka-dot ribbon, a button and stitching complete the card.
 I used some of the background paper on the inside.
I hope you enjoyed your little visit. Thanks for dropping in and I'll see you at my next post. Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the MB images and it looks fabulous with those dps. Thanks for joining in with our colour challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card, I love the background and the great image. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. love the cute image.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Diva'a

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week. Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha, what a great boys card - wonderful paper piecing and love your colour combo.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...