Saturday, 18 February 2012

Thanks For All You Do

Deanna Misner
Oh no... its the last Makeover Monday Challenge ! This week's inspiration piece is by Deanna Misner and she made this fun baby card. For my card, I wanted to do something bright and cheery. After all it's Carnival on Tuesday and that's excuse enough to get totally gaudy! Here's my "psycho-delic" card:

The patterned papers are from Basic Grey's "Sweet Threads" pack. I used vanilla CS to matt the background paper. 
The greeting is from Personal Impressions "Double Sayings" set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I used Spellbinders Labels Twenty to cut out the greeting and inked it with it with TH's Peeled Paint distress ink. Of course, I could not resist some purple bling!
For my card, instead of the horizontal banners I cut CS in various colours using the long die from Spellbinders Grommet Tags set. I attached each tag with eyelets, passed some crochet thread through and tied a bow at opposite ends....not quite sure why I did all that...seemed like a good idea at the time!   
I followed the floral theme to the inside of the card.

That's my last MMC card. It's a shame but I can't wait to see what Andrea and gang comes up next. Thanks for dropping by and I'll see you real soon!


BRAG UPDATE: Hellloooo! I did it again over at PCL! Truly over the moon. Click here to see the rest of the wonderful entries. Thank you to all at PCL!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on finishing all 15 sketches for the CPS 5th Anniversary. Thanks so much for joining us! Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...